“Home away from home.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Westminster
Lavender House Bed and Breakfast
Edmonton, Canada
“Home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Never before have I felt as much a part of the family as when we stayed at the Lavender House.

Johanna, the B&B hostess, went above and beyond our expectations in every sense. She was friendly and helpful, and so conscious of the needs of her guests. We were greeted with flowers from the garden to celebrate our anniversary, and were welcomed to our home. The breakfasts Johanna prepared every morning were incredible, and the accommodations were spotlessly clean, luxuriously appointed, and completely comfortable. A private bathroom (thoroughly renovated and quite modern) matched to each bedroom ensured our privacy, and the numerous antiques and vintage pieces of furniture set a tone well above our expectations of any B&B.

The location in New Westminster provides easy access to the sights and attractions of Vancouver, but the neighbourhood is definitely higher-class than the more urban areas. The gardens are gorgeous, and the unique trees (like the monkey puzzle across the street or the holly tree a couple of doors away) make the City of New Westminster an attraction in its own right.

We stayed at the Lavender House for a couple of nights on our way to Victoria, sleeping in one of the basement rooms. Perfectly comfortable and luxurious. On our return a week later, we chose one of the upper bedrooms, also nice, and with a bathroom next door. Both were wonderful (although I found the mattress in the upstairs room to be a bit too soft for my taste). There's no TV on the second floor, but personally I didn't miss it. Besides, there's good wi-fi throughout the house.

When we left, we felt very much the we'd made a new friend, and that we'd be welcome back at any time. We would stay at the Lavender House again in a flash. I am sure you will find no better accommodation in the greater Vancouver area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
lavenderjoh, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we too feel like we have made new friends. Thank you so much for such lovely comments. Hopefully we will be lucky enough to meet you both again in the future.
sincerely, J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Johanna and Derek's local knowledge and willingness to help with our plans were invaluable in maximizing our short stay in Vancouver. New Westminster is a great area to stay, quieter and relaxing to return to each day. Everything we wanted to do was easily accessed by the public transport systems. The room was lovely, and the kitchen/sitting area a bonus. Little touches made it a comfortable and honey stay. A cooked breakfast was a sustaining start to the day.

Room Tip: We stayed in Tranquillity. We had a little walk to our bathroom. The bathroom was closer to Serenit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
yuccan2, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thanks so much for both your review and for staying with us. I wish when we renovated the house we had been in a position to add a couple of extra bathrooms to make it easier for our guests but at the time we hadn't planned on opening as a Bed and Breakfast and the costs involved were pretty high too. Thanks too for leaving the bus passes you had left over. They have already been used by another guest who was very grateful for them. I hope you pass this way again.
sincerely,
Lavender House
São Carlos do Pinhal, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Lavender is a comfortable and cozy place! Johanna makes us feel at home as if were part of their family. My room was spectacular, clean and comfortable and plus(!) with a private bathroom! Breakfast is the best ever and ever, everyday she improves her cooking skills! it was a pleasant, relaxing and quiet stay, which enabled me to prepare for my Virginia Woolf's Conference. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Rooms at the basement are best, in my opinion.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

A wonderful place to spend the night - I wish I could have spent more time and I would definitely stay here again. Centrally located in New Westminster. Lovely clean and quiet rooms. Amazing breakfast!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
yuccan2, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We would have loved to have you stay for more than the one night and welcome you back any time you are passing this way. Glad too that you enjoyed your breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day and I enjoy providing something different each day.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

For the past six months I stayed at Lavender House three nights per week to enable me to fulfill a three-day per week business contract in Vancouver. Johanna went out of her way to accommodate my needs and ensure I had a cozy abode and all the amenities I needed to ensure a pleasant and relaxing stay - my home away from home. I highly recommend Lavender House whether for pleasure or business - it is the perfect accommodation in New Westminster.
You will definitely feel cared for and looked after!
TMK, Victoria, BC

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Johanna made me feel as welcome as a family member; she is warm and personable, and runs her business competently. The house is lovely and very clean; my room, private bathroom, and bed were very comfortable. Breakfasts were outstanding! I enjoyed strolling in the neighbourhood, exploring the shops and relaxing with my chai in two beautiful, lush parks nearby. Johanna enjoys her guests, and is extra friendly and helpful, on an individual basis. My stay was delightful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Last minute we needed a place to stay in this area and were very pleased to find that The Lavender House had a room available. It is located on a quiet street, but with immediate access to public transport. Our hostess Johanna was very friendly and comfortable to be around. She provided us with great extra service and made sure a breakfast was prepared for me the evening before to accomodate for my very early morning. The room was large, clean and contained all necessities like robes, slippers etc. The bed was very comfortable! I woke up very rested despite my short night. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown

Been to Lavender House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!