“Favorite Hotel in Vancouver Area”
Review of Inn at the Quay

Inn at the Quay
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Westminster
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We are very fond of the Inn at the Quay in New Westminster, outside of Vancouver. The property is beautiful and the location unique. Staff is friendly and welcoming. The rooms themselves are modern and comfortable. Excellent food in the restaurant. This is truly our favorite place to stay when we go up to Vancouver. We enjoy visiting the Market next door, which has had a rejuvenation recently so has more energy flowing and better choices for food than in recent years. New West suffers from some prejudice from Vancouverites, but we find it charming and historic. Yes, gritty in places, but definitely not pretentious! We enjoy the river view from the hotel and always look forward to our next stay at this Inn. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the water view rooms!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brinampls
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Brinampls,

Thank you for posting your review - I couldn't have said it better myself! Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Rick at checkin was friendly and accommodating. We were upgraded to beautiful room overlooking the river.
The room was impeccably clean and the bed ultra comfortable.
Our hotel experience was beyond what we expected.
Also a positive mention to Andy who was friendly and efficient.
We will be back. Thank you
Angelina and kara

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Chachalamour123

Dear Angelina and Kara,

thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your accommodation over Christmas and for your kind words and mention of Rick and Andy. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I went down on business, and decided to stay at the Inn at the Quay. I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. Nice clean room, staff were friendly, and I had a nice balcony over looking the Fraser River, one of the nicest views I've had in a hotel. There were several pubs and restaurants in a close walking distance. Overall I would stay there again and recommend it.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you Kevin K for your posting - wishing you a safe and happy holiday season!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I along with cousins and their children stayed here for one night while attending a wedding nearby. The hotel was very accommodating given us all an early check in and rooms next door to each other as we requested. The check in was effortless and the staff very helpful and polite. On check out we had received a parking ticket and the hotel took it from us and said they would deal with it without us even asking. Wonderful staff,the rooms were clean and the little balcony off of the room would have been fantastic if it was not for traditional BC weather!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear curran911,

Thank you for your kind posting - hopefully you have the opportunity to return in 2014. Best wishes for a happy and safe holiday season.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Based on the pictures and the hotels website, quite honestly I expected a little better. It is in a great location with spectacular views, and great close by ammenities. The hotel is no better than an average chain hotel. I received an email from their online concierge service. Great idea. I decided to use it, and booked 4 cold beer and some munchies for my room on arrival, and requested a better water view room if possible, and to be further away from the train. Check in was fine, and of to the room I went. I received no beer or munchies as requested, and a room as close to the train on the lowest floor, looking directly at roof top bent units. Off to the Paddlewheel Pub I went to find a cold one! The room was nice and clean, bed was very comfortable with ample pillows. There have been some upgrades that make things look nice, but only half the job has been done. There is mold and mildew in the bathroom where grout has broken apart. The sink and counter were nice, but the rest of the room needed an upgrade. The room and hallway walls had many dings, and need to be fixed up and paint, an there were stains on the carpet in my room. The plug in on the desk was also falling apart and pulling out exposing wires when you unplugged something. TV was nice and new. The elevator needs to be cleaned / vacuumed more as they were dirty. The hot tub and gym were quite dated. Beautiful view from the gym,and horrible glass block enclosing the hot tub. Time for a renovation there. Get rid of the block, enclose the gym and leave the hot tub in open air to enjoy the views!! Boathouse restaurant was good, but not as good as I was expecting. Breakfast there is very expensive. The complimentary taxi service to JIBC was a nice perk, and kudos for that. Halfway into the week I found out I was above the ball room. Oh boy...... It's Christmas party season, and when you are there for a course and trying to study and get a good sleep, I would tell anyone to not be below the 4th floor. I thought it was just a one off on Wednesday, but got another dance party thumping away at my room with classic party favourites such as "footloose" on Friday as well. Not impressed, but not worth moving rooms on the last night. Finally, when I checked out I was not asked how my stay was or anything else like being thanked for staying here....... Just paid my bill and left. Minimal customer service. If I was in town for a JIBC course again, it had some nice conveniences for a student and I would consider staying again for that purpose. Before going I was showing my wife everything, and we thought it looked so nice and romantic that we would go back for a few day retreat from land locked Alberta. I did not find that to be the case, and would not book here (unless more upgrades are done, and service improves) if you are looking for a romantic retreat, there are better options in the lower mainland.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nesbittj
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Nesbittj,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered in your recent stay at the Inn at the Quay. Please if you would call me I would be happy to discuss further. My direct line is 604-523-3502.

Thank you.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We return to the Quay every year for our anniversary. This year we booked one of the romance packages and completely enjoyed ourselves. We splurged for the king suite, end room out over the water. It was truly like being onboard a cruise ship, hearing the boats at night and seagulls in the morning.

The package included chilled wine and some "fun" couples items. It was a good value for our money.

The room was lovely and included amenities like their plush bathrobes (went well with the Jacuzzi tub!) and a private balcony, coffee maker and hair dryer. It was a relaxing visit and we enjoyed the pub next door with the river view, watching the paddlewheeler and tugboats hauling logs.

The weather co-operated and we wandered along the esplanade/boardwalk enjoying the view. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 2Nikkels,

congratulations on celebrating your recent anniversary and thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay again this year. Happy to hear you enjoyed your "25" room and the little extras of the package. Look forward to your return visit in 2014!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We spent 2 nights while moving our kids to the city so didn't spend a lot of time in our rooms. But when we were there it was very comfortable, especially the beds and pillows. Nice shower. We had a spectacular view of the river and enjoyed an early morning walk along the Quay. Other reviews mentioned noise from the trains - we didn't notice them at all. Our package pricing came with the promise of cookies delivered to our room- we were delighted to find a gift bag containing muffins, cookies and other baked goodies. After a day of heavy lifting it was a real treat. If I was being picky I would say that the elevators needed to be vacuumed. The front desk clerks were courteous and friendly upon check in and out. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of Floor 4 were quiet as there was no one above.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear happytravellers50,

Thank you for posting your response and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our area. Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday season.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Westminster
#3 of 3 in New Westminster
Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Inn at the Quay? Share your experiences!