“Overwhelmingly disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Westminster
Calgary, Canada
“Overwhelmingly disappointed”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had pre-ordered drinks to be put in our room upon arrival which were not put there and if we had not asked for them, they would have charged us regardlessy. They lied about their occupancy, trying to charge us more. After I told the front desk clerk I also worked in a hotel did he cut the lies. The service in the restaurant was discouraging and truthfully after dealing with our waitress I would never eat there again. Not only was she rude but forgot many parts of our meal. She wouldn't accept the fact that she forgot them and was ignorant enough to blame us for her forgetfulness.

I would not recommend this hotel to any friends or family.

Room Tip: If you aren't going to be at the hotel for service, it was fine. Customer service was unfortunat...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Dani B,

You being a young hotel professional, I'm sorry to see that you chose to post a nasty response on Trip Advisor. Should you wish to discuss further, please call me on my direct line 1-604-523-3502. I have discussed your incident with our team and would like to have the opportunity to resolve your concerns.

Thank you.

Kathy MacKerricher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
stockton ca
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I recently attended my 45th nursing school reunion held at the Quay. The rooms were spacious and overlooked the Fraser River. Staff was very helpful. we had a buffet banquet and the food was awesome. Great appetizers wonderful salads, and oooh those desserts. Thank you for making my week end memorable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank fraeya b
Thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your 45th nursing reunion and your kind comments. I understand you all had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again at your 50th celebration!

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Hotel, in areas, looks like it has been trashed. Carpets were filthy and stained in the rooms. Doors and cabinetry were marred and dinged up. However, the towels and bed sheets were clean and newish, and the rooms have a nice river view.

Room Tip: Save some money and stay somewhere else. These rooms should be half what they are charging.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Fred S
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Fred S,

thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your recent travel to New Westminster. I'd appreciate a call to discuss your concerns, our toll free number is 1-800-663-2001.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Firstly let me put things in perspective; I have read mixed revues regarding the Inn at the Quay. Yes it is near a rail track and yes they 'peep peep' their whistle's at various times of the day or night. Yes it is near a pub and it is on the edge of the Fraser River. If you're concerned check before you book, I do and I travel very regularly - Google Maps is a marvellous tool, check it out. Next don't wait until you leave the hotel to groan about problems approach the staff in a friendly and courteous way, they deserver it, they didn't place the hotel there and you had a choice.

I stayed for 7 nights in the hotel after a long flight from the UK via Frankfurt and then straight to a White Caps soccer game - I was tired. There was a wedding on at the hotel but that didn't bother me in the least, people get married. I went to my room but couldn't sleep soundly because I was next to the elevator power room and the Air Conditioning power room. I phoned reception and they said they would sort it the next morning. I phoned the next morning and then went personally to visit the reception as I saw this as good manners, I explained in a calm and respectful manner - the Hotel Staff could not have been better; good manners and respect elicit the same. My room was changed that morning and the service was first-class. RICK and IRMA should be congratulated on their guests handling skills, they were polite, jolly, efficient and extremely positive throughout my entire stay. The hotel is well positioned for the Sky Train and a great walk along the Fraser River Board Walk.
Folks check before you buy or book we all have a choice, when you make yours don't blame others for the outcome if you don't like it or are not prepared to check or negotiate respectfully and with good manner. Thank you Rick and Irma for your positive attitude.

Room Tip: Check, check, check, ask the staff and be respectful!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dirojo
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear dirojo,

The Hotel Associates around the world applaud you!! Many thanks for your comments and kind mention of both RICK and IRMA.

Enjoy your travels and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn at the Quay soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stopped for two nights with jetlag, so the view of the river was great at 5am!
We had a bag of lovely pastries as we left in the morning and staff were helpful.
Bit of a challenge getting across the railway on our return but great to get straight on publc transport into Vancouver city (skytrain).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear snowwhite240,

Thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay and for posting your comments. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We usually stay in lower end hotels so with the deal we got, we found this to be pretty good value for the money.

The room was quite clean and had a nice view.

I would however hesitate to stay here again with a car due to their parking fee. We booked online through a site that doesn't give the name of the hotel until after paying. Had I known about the parking fee beforehand I wouldn't have stayed here. There are plenty of hotels in the area with free parking and this hotel could benefit in offering the same to its guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gethot97
Dear gethot97,

Thank you for your feed back. I've just completed a parking comparison with our top six competitors, two of which do not charge, the other four do and comparable or higher rates. Hopefully we will see you again and enjoy your September!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at the Quay for 3 nights during a business trip last week... The place seemed empty and run down. Overall the room just wasn't very clean, the elevator seemed like it was going to break everytime, and the hallway to the parking is sketchy. Next to the train station - therefore convenient for those who use the sky train. If you are thinking of staying at this place in order to save a few dollars compared to the hotels in downtown Vancouver - don't do it. I would of much rather pay 75$ extra than driving 45 min to go to diner downtown.
Would I go back? No.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank loloduhl
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear loloduhl,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Should you wish to discuss your experience further, our toll free number is 1-800-663-2001. I'm available at your convenience.

Thank you.

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Best Western Chelsea Inn
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Inn at the Quay? Share your experiences!