“Most consistent "home made " food”

Indian Star Restaurant
Ranked #150 of 261 Restaurants in New Westminster
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Westminster, Canada
“Most consistent "home made " food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Most consistent( in quality ) restaurant in Vancouver area . We like East Indian kitchen , we had try several EastIndian restaurant , from West Van to Surrey. Shahi corma is to dye for . Friendly personnel in a way your friends not pretend . This is not a snobby place just good food in your belly !

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lubo B

New Westminster, Canada
“Another Forgettable”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food is very average. If you've had good Indian food you will recognize the poor quality offered. Try Coconut Grove instead.

Visited December 2012
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a great restaurant. While we usually do take out, we love the food. They accommodate food allergies as well which we need. Highly recommend.

Visited April 2013
Burnaby, Canada
“Very good food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good food if your looking for East Indian. The prices aren't crazy and the service is good. Our family favorite was the butter chicken it was great.

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Good value, good food. My go to Indian restaurant in New Westminster!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have been coming here for about a year now and it has been a pretty positive experience. The food is consistent and the service is decent. The Indian food here will be familiar to you if you've eaten at other Indian establishments.

I usually order the butter chicken, chicken malai, vegetable korma, and the usual naan, and vegetable pakoras. I ordered the Biryani here once and was somewhat disappointed with it. It is the only dish that I have ordered here that I thought was below average for the price. The vegetables weren't as crisp or fresh as I would have liked, and their weren't many spices or kick to it at all. I've had far better Biryani at Saffron in Burnaby. But this is only one opinion, and overall I have found the rest of their food here delicious. Their butter chicken and other curries are very rich and creamy. Probbably some of the richest and creamiest curries I have ever tasted.

Pros:
-Larger portions are served for take-out orders
-Rice is included for eat-in patrons

Cons:
-Avoid their 10.95 lunch buffet like the plague. The food that is served at their buffet is not up to the usual quality that they serve off their standard menu. Their butter chicken tastes completely different and is much much better when it is ordered off their standard menu. There is no taandori chicken and only a very limited selection of items to choose from at their buffet. Even their naan bread tasted different when I ate at their buffet. Their standard menu is infinitely superior. If you really have your heart set on an Indian buffet, make the trip out to Burnaby and eat at Saffron.
-The decor is extremely outdated and depressing. It could use a major make-over. Everything is very old, dusty, and in need of a good cleaning. I don't really enjoy the ambiance here and will often travel further, just to eat in a nicer Indian establishment. It is no surprise to me that they have such a large ammount of take-out business. If they renovated, surely more people would want to dine in for their meal.
-The website prominently says their lunch buffet was open for lunch on Saturdays, however, when we got their on a Saturday the owner? said that their lunch buffet wasn't open for lunch on Saturdays. We mentioned this to him, but two months later I see that their website still has this incorrect information listed.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank timbuk2