“Consistency is not a priority for their take-out”

Indian Star Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 275 Restaurants in New Westminster
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I used to order from here all the time and have not done so for a while... The last couple of times their food was not good. Sometimes it was so hot that it is was unbearable and sometimes it seemed like they forgot to put the meat in the butter chicken. The worst incident was when I got a really big ball of compacted spices that was masquerading itself as a piece of chicken. Oh my gosh was that gross. On a positive note their nann is great... especially the garlic nann, but that's just not enough to get me back as a customer. I love good Indian food and really wish that they had it here. It's just too bad... On the positive side they forced me to learn how to cook Indian myself, in order to get my fix.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I live 3 minutes from the restaurant and eat here at least 1 per week. I order out mostly at night for the family and have only been to the lunch buffet a couple of times. The food is fresh and tastes great. The best part is that the restaurant is inexpensive so that allows us to order food from here on a regular basis. Decor is very standard Indian restaurant but who cares! Food is what I come here for.

1  Thank vanser0
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Delicious, inexpensive vegetarian food. Good service.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Instead of driving across town to go to the Indian restaurants in Vancouver, we decided to try the Indian star in New Westminster and we were very pleased with our lunch.

We had the all-you-can-eat buffet at $10.95 which included rice, bread, two vegetable curries, two meat curries and lentil daal - quite an assortment. They didn't put out huge amounts but kept bring out more so it was always fresh.

From the outside, the restaurant looked a bit empty as there are heavy curtains and the room is large with low lighting. They also seated customers further in rather than along the window.

There was a good crowd for lunch, though, and I would definitely return when in New Westminster. I would assume it's a family run, local restaurant and I am judging it on those grounds.