“Good Place”

Arundel Mansion
Mississauga, Canada
“Good Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights with my family. The owner, Mryna, is a very nice lady.
Little olde fashioned building, but good value for money. The train station is
right next door.

Pros
Nice people, reasonable prices, great locality
Cons
Train noise- not a big deal

Sai

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wales, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed at arundel mansion on a recent study trip, don't know where to start, the mice, the drug addicts or the sky train, the choices. On arrival we found poison around the room and when questioning this we was told it was to kill the mice that infested the hotel, no lie me and a friend shared the sofa bed with Timmy the mouse for 3 weeks. Timmy and his army often were visible in the hotel in the kitchen, guests luggage and the neighbouring cafe!! surprisingly the mice were not the worst part of this stay trying to leave the hotel one day we were faced with a junkie taking his daily fix on the door step, apparently a regular occurrence!! Finally the sky is right next to the hotel, for the first few nights it did keep us awake however we did just become accustom to it and it was convenient . Overall found the place to be dirty and it put a strain on our hotel. p.s. the rooms don't always lock so keep your stuff on you.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel if the sky train doesn't keep you up the mice will!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lol192
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights, the last weekend of May. When we arrived we couldn't get in as the door was locked, so we had to phone the number on the sign. According to the owner that was Booking.com's error for not putting that info on their site. The elevator was old and rickety, my husband liked it but I had my doubts about it. Being an old building the floors were very creaky, so we heard the people upstairs walking about. We were supplied with earplugs, that should have been our first clue about the noise. Being a very warm weekend we had to sleep with the window open so we heard the sky train at least every 10 minutes until it stopped running at about 12:30am, and then the other train blowing it's whistle at about 3am. On Saturday night there seemed to be a party going on right below our window. The clawfoot bathtub had big chips out of the enamel, we were very concerned about getting lead poisoning from paint chips. The water pressure in the shower was terrible! We had to go out and buy our own shampoo, conditioner, etc. They supplied a big bar of Ivory soap, that's it for the bathroom, except for towels, facecloths etc. The couch was actually a loveseat, but it was comfortable. The kitchen and dining area were conveniently stocked with dishes, silverware, pots and pans, etc. Great price for a suite and it was clean. The bottle of wine and fresh flowers were a nice touch. Close to amenities, which is good. All in all it wasn't a terrible place to stay, it was just very noisy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Cloud
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Due to my mother's illness the Royal Colombian hospital had recommended Arundel Mansion. I was welcomed and greeted at the airport and after a short drive I was escorted to my apartment. I was pleasantly surprised by the charm, fresh cut flowers and the beautiful yummy bottle of wine that was much appreciated after such a long flight. I felt welcomed and at ease. I highly recommend this for anyone traveling from afar. Restaurants, coffee cafes, shopping and sky train just steps away. I'm frankly a picky B if you know what I mean. I travel due to my work and I can tell you that this is a re-visit kind of place. I thank them for making me feel at home under such a stressful situation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jennseye
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I came into Vancouver and was very lucky to find this excellent building. Very well kept, and clean. This place was perfect for myself as I was travelling. It was a large spacious completely furnished apartment with a comfortable queen sized bed, nice character furniture, and it even came with dishes. Everything to make you feel at home. Free wireless interet was included with the cost of the suite which was quite modest. Skytrain a block away made reaching the rest of Vancouver a breeze, also up the street from a coffee shop, bank and shopping is a short walk away. Definatly will be my first stop back in Vancouver.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Tones83
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Arundel Mansions is a different sort of place. It is quite Victorian, but charming. It is a collection of sizable apartments in an old building in the centre of New Westminster. The apartments are very spacious and comfortable, with bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen. The beds are good, and even though the skytrain is close by, the noise is minimal. The elevator leaves something to be desired, but it works. There are restaurants nearby and the skytrain station is less than 5 minutes away for those who want to get in to central Vancouver. The price is about the same as one would pay for one room (with no kitchen) in a standard hotel. We have stayed there twice, and my wife, who is usually quite picky, is very comfortable there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Feodor_Dostoevsky
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

This rental property has the potential to be a fantastic place for travelers...but is in need of major remodeling. There is plenty of space in the rooms but you do feel as if you are taking a step back in time with the outdated furniture, lighting and spotty internet. As travelers from outside of Canada, we relied heavily on internet to guide our trip and so it was frustrating to not be able to access the internet from our apartment during our stay at the mansion. When we called management to report the issue, they did not have a solution. Also, our room was directly above the Sky Train which yes, is convenient for traveling but is terrible for a good night sleep.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Whalley
Days Inn Surrey
Days Inn Surrey
#11 of 19 in Surrey

Been to Arundel Mansion? Share your experiences!