“A unique experience”

Arundel Mansion
Toronto
“A unique experience”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We travel to Vancouver a couple of times a year. Eversince our friends told us about this place in 2008 - we never went back to a chain hotel. This place has a charm to it, every room is decorated differently. You feel that you are somewhere in England. Well, probably because the owners of this this hotel are from England- Glynn and Myrna - they are amazing hosts. If you ever need an advice on where to go dine, or what to see in the city - ask them, they will recommened only the best. The hotel conviniently located a couple of steps away from the Skytrain- that takes you to Vancouver's center in just 20-25 minutes. There is a boardwalk with a few restaurants/bars by the Fraser river- a good place for an evening walk or a morning jog. My favourite part of the room is the clawfoot bath tub... It is very hard to find baths like that in the hotels nowadays. So, for all of you people out there who like to soak in the bubbly bath with a glass of wine - this is a place to be. They even provide you with a free bottle of red as a thank you gift. I recommened this hotel to everyone I know, and don't know. Your stay at Arundel Mansion will be rememberd forever, and you will want to come back again and again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maria T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Mateo, California
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We are about to stay at the Arundel Mansion for another week! This will be our 4th year in a row to have the pleasure of staying at this quaint, home-like place! It is conveniently located to Sky Train which one can take to downtown Vancouver, etc. We have flown in and used local transportation in the past but will be driving (from San Francisco Bay Area) this time and plan to park it in the locked parking lot provided by Arundel. One can now take Sky Train to/from the airport or have the owner pick you up at the airport for a fee. The historic building has been updated for the comfort and pleasure of its tenants. It is truly like a home away from home with a small kitchen supplied with dishes and cookware, refrigerator, microwave oven and a stove. There is a dining area with a stocked china cabinet and a living room area with a comfortable sofa and upholstered chairs. The living room has a large bay window from which one can look out onto the Fraser River plus watch people below if the orientation of the unit is such that you have the River view. An old style elevator takes you to the upper floors. The raised old style tubs in the bathroom do have a shower for those who prefer showers. However, the shower curtains tend to close in on you while you shower. We have resolved this by bringing along small magnets to fasten the curtain to the inside of the tub and a small clip/clamp to fasten the ends of the curtain to the water pipe at the faucet end. The bedrooms are large and the beds comfortable. I wear earplugs so the Sky Train noise does not bother me while my husband sleeps well without them. Wireless connectivity is available at no extra charge. We find the rate for the unit to be reasonable. The owners are delightful and very personable with great attention to detail. Greeting us each time is a bottle of wine with 2 wine glasses on the dining room table and a vase with fresh flowers on the coffee-table in the living room area. We are looking forward to our stay for another week at the Arundel Mansion starting Sunday!

Room Tip: Top floors are quieter. Request room with a view of the Fraser River.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mosie13
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed at the Arundel Mansions as a stepping stone to finding permanent accomodation in Vancouver. Our 2 week stay was very enjoyable, economical and really felt like a home away from home. We had everything we needed to cook and relax and thoroughly enjoyed the period furniture and overall charm of the apartment. The skytrain and a great supermarket are both a short walk away. We were prepared for the noise from the Skytrain and did not find it to be excessive. There was also some construction noise but again it quickly became background noise. I would highly recommend the apartments to anyone looking for Vancouver accomodation, especially if they want to enjoy some charm rather than a shiny, modern hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the soutside are closer to the Skytrain and probably noisier
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Megan G
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Fantastic suites with charming details. Excellent perks (especially the wine). Earplugs provided to offset the proximity of the train. Great location! All in all, a great experience!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank katcob
New York, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My 10 day stay at Arundel Mansion was a real joy. I had everything I needed including wireless hookup, kitchen and bathroom supplies and even a complimentary bottle of red wine! Glynn (husband owner) picked me up from the airport for a small fee and Myrna (wife owner) met with me to show me the ropes. They were gracious and very welcoming. My bed was really comfortable and I enjoyed the sound of the SkyTrain. The Saturday night street noice was no different than any city and short lived, so don't let that sway your decision to stay here. I would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Candace2011
Williams Lake, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Arundel Mansion for one full month while attending classes at the hypnotherapy school around the corner. The apartment was so quaint and charming that I quickly came to think of it as home. The kitchen is fully equipped so I could easily make my own meals with what was provided. The location is unbeatable with all the amenities within easy walking distance. Grocery stores, liquor store, banking, shopping and even a beautiful boardwalk for strolling...its all close by! The skytrain station is only a half block away and it will take you all the way downtown Vancouver! I just loved it there, I miss it already. The owners, Myrna and Glenn are the hardest working people I've met, constantly working on their renovations. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Vicky112
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We liked our stay there, took only positive memories and pictures with us.
I've never been in such buildings before, old manually controlled elevator is the most especial thing.

As mentioned, skytrain is noisy, all right. But we didn't focus on it, so it wasn't a problem at all

I'd recommend it for those who want to get into conditions of 100 years old life-style

Charming ladies: owner and manager

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
#4 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Arundel Mansion? Share your experiences!