“Excellent stop off to refuel”
Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #129 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: White Spot Restaurants are passionate about fresh, local ingredients & great service. Try award-winning burgers, delicious salads, pastas & more! Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner & take out.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was a chance discovery whilst travelling from Nanaimo to Cobble Hill. Simple review, excellent service, excellent coffee (never ending and no silly latte frappe de menth stuff). Menu was extensive which worried me, but went for a simple beef dipper without a clue what it was. Wonderful wad of finely sliced beef in a roll - tasted really good. Was offered the local and Canadian "Poutine" but refused as it would have been too much. my wife had pasta and has been raving about it ever since.

Very child friendly, good clean facilities and a minimal bill at the end. No wonder the KFC next door has gone!

General view is that White Spots are all really good. If they're as good as this one, you'll be delighted

There are newer reviews for White Spot

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Four of us had lunch there and most of the food was very good as it is at all White Spots but the calamari was definatley under cooked. When we commented on it the server could tell that it was not well cooked and we were not charged for it. Also we all ordered our lunch and I ordered just soup. When all the other meals were served I was told there was no more of the soup I had ordered left and would I like to order something else. By the time I had re-ordered and received my food the rest of our party would have been long finished their meals so I decided not to order something else. I thought that that was really quite odd to not be told earlier and given the chance to re-order and eat lunch with the rest of our party, it was only a bowl of soup. The servers were very friendly but I don't think I would go back to this particular White Spot.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stopped in here for a quick meal and enjoyed it so much we returned a few days later, planning to enjoy a longer dinner. The food and service were top notch for a family style restaurant.

The Parksville location restaurant is really good too.

After a dismal experience in the North Nanaimo White Spot restaurant we were really pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here for lunch on my way to the airport from Pacific Rim National Park. It's a basic family restaurant and it was clean, fast and there's a good menu selection. Lots of parking and easy to get back to the highway.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is for the North Nanaimo in the Woodgrove Mall parking lot. I have eaten at more White Spots than I can remember and am a huge fan. Legendary is my favorite burger. I have eaten here several times and have always returned hoping the last visit was an off night. The place is very noisy no matter where you sit. The last time we sat under the air conditioning vent and almost froze to death. We would have asked to move the there were no other seats. We mentioned it to our server several times and were blown off each time. My husband ordered the Bishops Curry and it was like soup in the bowl. My hamburger was not warm and the fries were only warm. Unfortunatley I have never had a hot meal at this location. The service was slow and not very good. All in all this location is not worth the stop.

1  Thank Duckie2012