“Very good salad” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Modern Cafe

Modern Cafe
Ranked #36 of 320 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups, American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary
“Very good salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently stopped in Nanaimo on a cruise, and I happened to try the Modern Cafe. I had a salad with a side order of shrimp, and the shrimp were nice and juicy. The salad itself was nice and light and I quite enjoyed it. The only depressing thing was when I got the dessert menu and there were tapas on the other side. I would have loved to try them, but perhaps they're only offered for supper? I decided not to get dessert - I wanted to keep it light - but the service was good and I quite enjoyed the shrimp. I would recommend the Modern Cafe.

• Visited May 2013

Nanaimo, Canada
“Bengal Prawns awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is their signature dish. I loved it! They also used to have lamb with greek salad and I was told by the server they would be bringing that back on the menu. I have never been disappointed with a meal here. The service is always attentive. Thanks for being consistent.

Visited May 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Great lunch, great location, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My mom, daughter and I stopped for lunch and a glass of wine while visiting Nanaimo in early May. Loved the decor...great spinach salad with grilled tofu and friendly service. Loved the atmosphere

• Visited May 2013
Wigan, United Kingdom
“excellent for tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Excellent and wide range of food on offer. Cocktails are nice there too. It is a bit pricey though but still recommended

Visited April 2013
Comox, British Columbia, Canada
“Great getaway while on a getaway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My companion and I enjoyed the sophisticated atmosphere after two weeks on a sailboat. It was great to have someone else cook a great meal of New York steak or Thai curried prawns, served with an excellent choice of wine and beer. The service was friendly and the clientele ranged from young women visiting from across the pond to local yokels. We liked it so much we went back on our return voyage.

• Visited April 2013