“Unbelievable hamburgers!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: Best Grilled Cheese in Nanaimo ~ Specialty Burgers
“Unbelievable hamburgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went there for the first time last week. Their choice of hamburgers is endless. It isn't cheap but the food quality and freshness is apparent. Everything is made from scratch using local ingredients. I also had a cup of clam chowder and a seafood wrap that were yummy. Definitely we will be back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sunnie48
Danforth D, Owner at Danforth Deli and Grill, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hey there - thanks for coming in and enjoying our burgers! We appreciate your feedback.

Nanaimo, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a new fav...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

A good bacon cheeseburger is a staple for me. It is what i always seem to order. I eat out at a good many pubs and restaurants in Nanaimo on a regular basis, perhaps twice a week or more. And there are a few places i frequent alot more for various reasons, and one or two places where i am on first name basis with the staff. Point is, i love my bacon burger!

The Godzilla Burger I had at Danforth's today is possibly the best i have had in 10 years... I must say.... it is THAT good. Hint of maple and honey flavor and a cheese that just compleates it. Very fresh vegtables as though i just got them out of my grandmothers garden.

I also had a side poutine, which is a really nice take on my second favorite food. Very very tasty in its own right, however it wasn't as spectacular in flavor as the burger and the portion size seemed too small for the price as well, however it is indeed worth trying. Next time I will ask if there is a larger size for a dollar or two more, as it does rank up there among the best.

The staff are very also among the warmest i have seen. I will be making this my regular eat-out joint.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank WishusKnight
Danforth D, Owner at Danforth Deli and Grill, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review. It is appreciated that the Godzilla burger was enjoyed and that the flavours caused you a 'wow' reaction! The organic greens make a big difference and it really is like grandmom's garden if you have ever been to Nanoose Edibles farm. It would be our pleasure to make another for you anytime!
Nanaimo
“Good for anything involving melted cheese.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I eat here every couple of months, whenever craving a tuna melt or grilled cheese. They are yummy. I also like the mini Nanaimo bars.
I haven't had quite as much luck with the soups. Not bad, but just not that flavorful. The atmosphere is alright. Nothing too interesting.
Nice place to have downtown and I wish them well.

• Visited May 2013
Danforth D, Owner at Danforth Deli and Grill, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hi there ~ thanks for your feedback! Glad you enjoy your grilled cheese sandwiches as we use artisan cheese and make and bake our own bread using real butter. We certainly appreciate your business and if you find a soup has less flavour than you expect, please feel free to let us know right at the time so we know which soup to adjust. We have a low sodium policy so many people find that they need to add a little salt from the shakers at each table to adjust to their own taste - we also have a condiment station with many hot sauces like siracha, etc. that you may find will help to adjust to your taste. Thanks again !
“Omnomnom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

This place is awesome, service and product alike. Their breakfast is unreal. Where else can you get 2 eggs, 2 toast, 2 sausage/ham/bacon (and nitrate free bacon, at that) hashbrowns and a fruit cup for $9?! Insane! Their burgers are ridiculous, and they have the best poutine in Nanaimo by far. You think poutine is packet gravy on frozen cheese curds and Mccain fries? Yeah right, try red wine gravy on local cheesecurds and roasted potatoes...with bacon and green onions to boot. Yes please!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank S_Emerald
Danforth D, Owner at Danforth Deli and Grill, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Hi there ~ thanks for your business it is muchly appreciated - glad you enjoyed and it was our pleasure to serve you !
“Great food but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We'd been craving some great Burger for quite a long time, and they did not disappoint us. Everything was fresh and tasty. However it was a bit pricey as deli...especially their cheese was delicious. If their price was better, I would go there more often.

• Visited April 2013
Danforth D, Owner at Danforth Deli and Grill, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hi there ! Thanks for your feedback. We certainly appreciate your business and are glad to know that you enjoy our locally made organic and raw milk cheese, and the hand pressed burgers and house-made buns. We encourage people to review us openly. It is also helpful to know what date you actually visited our establishment. Other readers will benefit from your review if you remark in detail the exact item ordered and the price for said item as well. Perhaps with the added information we could address your concerns more effectively and make the necessary changes to ensure everyone enjoys their visit to our shop!