“Great food”

Ranked #51 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had takeout as we often do if my husband is passing through. We live south of Nanaimo, so we can't have Aladins as often as we would really like. As always the food was fresh, fabulous and the service is always great. I just wished I lived closer so I could have it more often. Don't miss out if you are in Nanaimo.

1  Thank Sylvia K

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Aladdin's is consistently great. I have been many times and even though Mediterranean food isn't my "go-to" the food here is outstanding. The portions are HUGE! The service is great and the setting is funky and interesting. I love the Lentil soup!

PS It is one of the only restaurants I would feel comfortable eating by myself. Just has that comfortable feel to it.

3  Thank Albernfrau
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place has fantastic food! The donair's and mulligatawny soup are completely addictive. I has become one of our #1 lunch spots.

1  Thank Markfood1111
Reviewed March 10, 2013

How could this place be in Nanaimo? An atmosphere that has that lovable hole in the wall feeling that makes you feel like you've discovered somewhere special while having just fantastic authentic middle east cuisine, a staff that makes you feel in minutes like one of the family and prices better then the generic big restaurants. I would take business partners here and trust the restaurant to make the deal for me.

1  Thank Barrett_Nash
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We usually eat the Mediterranean food Shen we eat here...pita, souvlaki, donairs etc but on the recommendation of the waitress we decided to have the Friday filet special. What a plate, Greek salad, spices carrots, mashed potatoes, mushroom we held the onions and a wonderfully marinated piece of filet cooked to perfection all for a great price. We love the food here as it is always fresh, and if you love Lebanese salads it is yummmm. I don't know what the last reviewer ate but we have never eaten anything greasy. In fact if you stick to the Lebanese foods on the menu it is supper healthy and fresh. We usually go mid to late afternoon to avoid crowds as it is popular. A hole in the wall...yup. But it is one of our favourites.