“Great!”

Gina's Mexican Cafe
Ranked #30 of 321 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Highland
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Gina's is a great place for Mexican food. The house outside and inside is decorated colorfully and with Mexican flavor. Everything is reasonably priced and you get sufficient amount of food. A good bang for your buck!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jo T

Waterloo, Canada
“A Lovely Surprise in Nanaimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I always try to get to Gina's when in Nanaimo. I would definitely describe it as unique in Nanaimo . It is not fine dining. It is good quality Mexican, in a fun environment, at a good price.
I loved my most recent visit and will be back again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank MarkLWills
Nanaimo, Canada
“Delicious food and fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Love this place!!! They bring chips right away so you don't starve while you wait. The restaurant has great style and always serves awesome food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Leah M
Comox, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will always go back to Gina's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Never disappointed, great service, with a smile and a joke or 2, lively and attentive staff. Food is plentiful and delicious, colorful and very flavourful. Efficient service and chips and salsa is a given upon arrival at your table. Lots of choices of beverages. I would go again and again..every time I want Mexican in Nanaimo. You can't find much more authentic Mexican food unless you are in Mexico on the street, near the beach with dogs roaming around your table.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MaidMarion39
“This is my absolute favourite place to eat in my home town!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Although I no longer live in Nanaimo, Gina's is a must every time I visit home. I can't help myself, but I always order exactly the same thing. The ceviche (if I can find someone to share it with me), the prawn flautas, and the Acapulco plate, mainly because it comes with two more prawn flautas. I can never, ever finish my meal because the is always so much food. The meals are fresh, the servers are casual, which I really like because all the stuffiness of fake customer service is so transparent. They also write everything by hand instead of using a computer system. Chill! Enjoying a meal is about spending time with people you like, not about rushing in and out. They make great margaritas and sangria, have daily specials, including dessert if you have the stomach room, and the place itself....it's a converted character home set up on a high hill overlooking the city, and the interior is done so colourful and tacky and touristy Mexican that you can't help but feel happy once you sit down. There's also sometimes a live mariachi band, otherwise, there is mexican music playing on the speakers. Unfortunately, I don't think they take reservations, and it's quite small inside, but you can get drinks at the bar while you wait for a table. I really love this place! I'm currently traveling in SE Asia and I can't wait to visit home just to eat here!

• Visited August 2013