“Nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Nanaimo
Ranked #95 of 320 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

I've only eaten at the keg 2 times over the years and both times I was very unimpressed. Their steaks are bland and I can't say much for the rest of the food. Save your money and spend it on quality ingredients like local grass fed beef. Then you will have a real meal. I won't be back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joe M

Nanaimo, Canada
“pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

my husband and I go to the Keg Steakhouse in Nanaimo often. The atmosphere is fun and relaxing. The food is generally good, hit and miss sometimes. It is a good place to go and the staff try to meet your needs. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“Not worth the money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Have not had great experiences at two different kegs lately but had gift cards so off we went.Service was prompt and knowledgeable.The bread and brie appy were excellenThen the mains came.....wife had overcooked salmon and my chicken and ribs(usually get prime or steak but have not had good luck so i thought id change it up)was also over cooked.No grill marks on chicken so not sure how it was cooked.How do you ruin a chicken breast???Last chance for this chain for us.Kinda crazy i coulda gotten better at swiss chalet for half the money.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank mybabysdaddy
Nanaimo
“A perfect meall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Returning to the keg after about 5years I ordered the sirloin steak with mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes, oh so good, and veggies cooked to perfection, the caesar salad was large and very good as well. the steak was so tasty, perfectly cooked and seasoned there was not a speck left on my plate. I give my meal a 10 plus, and can not wait to return and do it again.

• Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Best place for steaks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We always enjoy the Keg. Not sure why other people have had bad experiences. We never have. Most recently, we went on a Saturday night around 6 (no reservation) and were seated right away. Both our classic steak choices, including the potatoes and veggies were smokin' hot and cooked to perfection. The salad portion was huge and I love their bread - I could have had more, but didn't want to ruin my appetite for the steak dinner. The wine we chose, a Malbec, was also one of the best we've had at a restaurant. Tell me where to find a better steak in Nanaimo than the Keg.

• Visited March 2014