“take a pass and skip this place”

Longwood Brew Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 330 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Contemporary, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh and local West Coast cuisine combined with in-house handcrafted Ales and Lagers, all served up in a warm and friendly atmosphere.Longwood Brew Pub is central Vancouver Island's first Brew Pub and Nanaimo's favorite rendezvous destination. Our restaurant, pub and brewery stand proud as the "jewel in the crown" of Longwood Station. Located conveniently on the Island Highway amongst beautiful landscaping and natural West coast wilderness, we are easily accessible from all parts of Nanaimo, as well as ferry terminals and all points north & south on Vancouver Island.
Reviewed October 25, 2010

service is poor and the food is not much better. We won't be going back. Thanks but no thanks.

1  Thank chuck_the_buck_10

Reviewed September 26, 2010

Found this in a shopping plaza and was blown away. Their beers were amazing, and the food was even better. We had one of their burger options and the salmon --- both were unbeatable.

Reviewed April 27, 2010

Full marks for food quality and atmosphere. However... Service was ridiculos. Met here with a few friends from out of town and wanted to treat them to a good meal and a few drinks so I decided to being then to the Brewpub, sadly I wish I never had. The good food was trumped by the POOR service we received all night. Not sure why. Pub wasn't busy, just very lousy service

Reviewed September 5, 2009

I want to like this place, I really do but you know, no matter how hard I try I can't. The food is good, somewhat erratic but generally good. It's a neat room, especially in the winter with the fireplace. So whats my problem!? The service. Wow, I've been here easily 10 times to meet friends, birthdays, whatever and every time, every time we get bad service. And it's not just me, it's always our entire group, and honestly I'm not that picky, I'm not hard to please. Relatively quick, friendly and accurate service is all I want. Well, I never get it here. Staff are rude, incredibly slow and regularly forget, or make errors with the orders. I've had it. No more. Try the Fox and Hounds, Crow and Gate, or even the Black Bear. Longwood BrewPub with it's smug little brew pub attitude isn't worth the grief.

2  Thank VIJeff
Reviewed April 15, 2009

In spite of a disappointing previous experience, we returned for their Sunday Buffet Brunch, and were pleased with our decision. At $18.00, including non-alcoholic beverages, it is probably one of the better brunch values around. The quantity of choices was certaily adequate, and the food quality was quite good. The only disappointment was that the benny's had a tomato slice in place of ham, back bacon or salmon. There appeared to a a good ratio of servers and the buffet also appeared to be kept refreshed.