“Tasty brews”

Longwood Brew Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Contemporary, Brew Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh and local West Coast cuisine combined with in-house handcrafted Ales and Lagers, all served up in a warm and friendly atmosphere.Longwood Brew Pub is central Vancouver Island's first Brew Pub and Nanaimo's favorite rendezvous destination. Our restaurant, pub and brewery stand proud as the "jewel in the crown" of Longwood Station. Located conveniently on the Island Highway amongst beautiful landscaping and natural West coast wilderness, we are easily accessible from all parts of Nanaimo, as well as ferry terminals and all points north & south on Vancouver Island.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Always a fun spot to go to try their own brews and hang out with friends. I like their tasters of all their beers.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Been to this pub many times - unfortunately it was not a good experience that last two times....there will not be a third. The place does have good ambiance...fireplace feature, brew facilities..a bit of Vancouver. However, that is where it ends. If you served food like they do here in Van it would be under prior to any lease renewal. Staff is just fine and accommodating when busy. Food is just awful....cold, uninspired. Time for a shakeup. I had to send my dish back twice - ribs...actually cold in the middle. Enough to send you off it permanently. They did not charge us and were gracious.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We loved the pub. It has a very friendly atmosphere, and the staff were excellent. Large selection of beer from around the world, and they also make their own beer, which was very good. The food we ordered was excellent, and we will definitely go back the next time we are in Nanaimo.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

It was our first visit ever to the Longweed Brew Pub and Restaurant and we were part of a group of ten. The place was not too busy when we arrived, but it got steadily busier. We had a reservation.

Since we were meeting new people, it took a while for us to get down to looking at the menus. Beverages were ordered first.

Gluten free choices on the menu included the Longwood Salad: mixed field greens with feta cheese cranberry tomato and cucumber and I asked for the meal size topped with prawns. My partner requested the large tofu gluten-free linguini pasta with zucchini, broccoli, peppers & cherry tomatoes in a marinara sauce, topped with grilled herb infused tofu cake.

Both meals were delicious, fresh ingredients, flavourful and good to the last bite. There was enough pasta for a "doggy bag", which doesn't happen very often when my boyfriend orders!

The other plates looked very tempting, too.

My only "way to improve" for this visit would be that the service was very, very slow. I cannot imagine what it would be like if we had arrived when it was busy. Two of our party were boys aged 10 and 12, and they were very patient but hungry by the time they got their food.

We'll definitely return to the Longwood Brew Pub restaurant.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one before. This is one of our favourite restaurants to bring guests from out of town. The upstairs restaurant is divided into two area by a fireplace wall, there is a pub with same menu downstairs if it is too crowded upstairs. And a private room above the restaurant is available for groups of more than 10. We have used them all. The latest item on the menu I like is the 3 fish taco appy. It has cod, BC salmon, and small shrimp. Lots of nice stuff in with it. If you want you can ask that only one kind of fish be used.
Comfortable seating, lots of windows and several beers on tap. I am too busy enjoying my experience to remember to take pictures. Maybe next time!