“Meeting place”

Lighthouse Bistro and Pub
Ranked #41 of 330 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lighthouse Bistro & Pub is the place to meet your friends and colleagues for some of the best food the West Coast has to offer. A variety of unique, fresh seafood dishes are served up at the Bistro, or treat yourself to great traditional fare in our Pub, including fish and chips, specials of the day, mouth watering burgers, grilled seafood, and calamari. Accompanying all our hugely satisfying menus is the finest selection of local craft beer, wine and spirits Vancouver Island has to offer. We support our local vendors such as Hoyne Brewing Company and Vancouver Island Brewery! You can find their products in both the Bistro and Pub! During the summer months you can get the freshest Dungeness Crab in town! Cooked to order and averaging about 1.5 Pounds per crab, this is the best deal in Nanaimo! Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with game times and special promotions. Ask your Server for details. Fantastic Happy Hour Specials starting soon!
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The main thing that gets me there is the float plane from Sechelt after a visit with my mother. My wife picks me up there after work and a quiet time with a beer in front of me and a view of the harbor settles my nerve.

1  Thank ycdKen02

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Lighthouse has great food and it's a wonderful way to show off our wonderful city! The seaplanes can be a bit noisy...but the views of the harbour and the Quinsom ferry more than make up for that!

1  Thank dragondreamer
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We've tried going to the Lighthouse a few times now, every time they start advertising that they have a new menu, new chef, new whatever.... And everytime we go its the same thing, a huge wait to get a table, not from there being a lack of tables, just a lack of staff interested in getting patrons seated. When we did have new and improved food, it was lackluster cafeteria style pub food. You can't beat the location here though, it would be nice if this place could turn it around.

1  Thank KiellerKiel
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had a dinner here and the setting was lovely. The service was efficient and friendly. We ordered the prawn and scallop fettuccine, jambalaya, BC salmon burger, and a salmon dish. We found them tasty and thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank bazzawa
Reviewed September 3, 2012

After a day trip to the Island touring around Coombs, Parksville and Nanaimo I wanted to sit on a patio with a great view of the water and enjoy some seafood and a glass of wine and I got everything I was looking for at the Lighthouse Bistro. We sat outside on the deck which had their heaters on which took the bit of a chill off. Our service was excellent and our waiter very funny and attentive. We just wanted a little nibbly so I had the Clams in a White Wine/Pesto broth which was just excellent. I've never had them with pesto before so this was a nice change. My friend ordered the calamari which she allowed me to share and it really was excellent. The wine - was well it was wine so how can I complain? We ordered a litre off the patio drink menu. Later found out that they had much nicer bottle options from the restaurant menu which were a really good price so I would have ordered that if I would have seen that first but it was fine. The view was amazing. Watching all the action on the water was interesting and gawking at the huge yacht in the harbour made for good "if only" daydreams. All in all an enjoyable afternoon and exactly what I was looking for.

2  Thank SunSeeker37