“Great group experience!”

Cuisines: American, Greek, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Beefeaters Chop House and Grill is the place my daughter's boyfriend chose for a get-together after watching my nephew's baseball game in Nanaimo.

Based on the name, I wondered what it would be like for those of us in the group who eat neither meat nor anything with gluten in it, but my worries were unfounded.

Our party of eight was seated outside and given menus right away. There was a reasonable variety of entrees and appetizers. Some of us ordered salads, others marinated prawns sauteed in ginger pepper sauce. My salad was fresh and delicious, with just the right amount of dressing. The prawns got a thumbs up as well.

My entree of Pacific Red Snapper hit the spot with a lovely balance of fish, fresh vegetables and rice. The Prime Rib got a good review as well.

Prices at this restaurant are a bit more than other places, but it was a great choice for our group dinner.

There are newer reviews for Beefeaters Chop House and Grill

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We heard a lot of people say that the restaurant was upscale and a must visit.
Our visit was not over the top and did not 'wow' us. Found it to be average and a bit pricey for what we got.

3  Thank avorado
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Don't go for their breakfast/brunch menu. Food pre-packaged AND then toasted / re-heated, first coffee and ONE refill- free and after that you will PAY for refills (not noted on menu) and what floored me was the muffins- if not eaten and LOOK untouched - they will RE-SERVE to another table!!! (I could have sneezed on them!! When asked about the "left-over muffins- this is what a server had told us!) We did get a "no charge on the unacceptable meals" and will NEVER go there again. The view was great-food terrible!!!! This was for a family reunion- 23 people--I had suggested this restaurant and was so sorry that I did!!!!

2  Thank IreneC53
Reviewed March 9, 2014

If you like frozen/toasted waffles, old muffins that you don't know who else has touched or handled, liquid carton scrambled eggs, beef jerkey bacon or almost raw bacon, 4-5 pieces of uber greasy potato hashbrowns, canned "fresh fruit", and to have a waitress drop a dirty fork covered in hollandaise sauce down your back and apologize but not tell you had sauce all over your white shirt and jacket, then come on down!!!

Only nice thing is the view of the boats on the water.... The servers were nice but unfortunately their service is hard to notice with the rest of the bad experience. :(

2  Thank Danica C
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I haven't been in this restaurant for years, but recently they advertised a Sunday special of fish and chips. They also have a prime rib special I believe every day. Last Sunday we went and tried the fish and chip special, and I can tell you that it was very good, not expensive and very nicely presented. I will try the prime rib next time. This restaurant has a superb location right on the waterfront, which makes for a more interesting experience.

1  Thank JimS456