“Tasty, saucy food.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Victoria, Canada
“Tasty, saucy food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to Amrikko's recently with a large family group. I found the food was all around very good; tasty but not exceptional. The view from the restaurant is great but the interior is fairly old and dreary. Service was fine and we got lots of good food for the price.

Vancouver Island
“Awesome View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This family does such a great job of making you feel right at home. The food is mmmmmmm good. My fav is the butter chicken and the nam bread.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Soudini
Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada
“Just what I needed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were visiting Nanaimo for a family emergency and after five days of ongoing stress, little food and little sleep I just needed some comfort food. I got my fix and FILL at Amrikko's!

We started with Paneer Pakora - slightly disappointed as i think rather than cheese it was actually tofu but it was still very good. We went on to Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Biryani, Chana Masala and Butter Chicken all HOT with garlic naan. The food was very good and very flavourful - we were disappointed with the butter chicken as it was a bit tomato soup-y but overall we did enjoy our meal.

The decor and atmosphere were nice. The service was also good and we all left completely stuffed with take home!

• Visited October 2012
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Disappointing food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I took a friend to eat at this restaurant, I am British and have extensive experience of Indian food. I LOVE it! But I was very disappointed with Amrikkos in Departure Bay. The Waiter did not seem inetrested in serving us. The food came out bland and without any sauce. I ate very little and took teh rest home to add some spice and other items to make it more enjoyable. The place had no atmosphere and did not make me want to return. A shame as their food in the Woodgrove foodmall is actually better than the restaurant. A make over of the restaurant and food would be great as it is a nice location.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank islandholidaymaker
Nanaimo, Canada
“Best Indian Food in Nanaimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This has to be the best Indian restaurant I've ever been to. For the past 14 years, I've been going here and I always order the butter chicken, vegetables with not so hot spice & the garlic nan. They have never ceased to dissapoint! They also have a lovely cardimon/rice pudding & great Chai Tea.

Visited September 2012