“Over priced, poorly executed meal.”
Review of Zougla Restaurant

Zougla Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant last night. There were only a few people there, which made me initially wonder about quality. We ordered a beef penne and greek style ribs. Neither were to write home about based on the taste, portion or cost. The pork ribs were pale and appeared that they had been boiled and perhaps quickly thrown under the broiler- but this didn't add any color- they were also very strong tasting, and had little spice...and I actually wondered if the meat was old. Veggies weren't cooked well and the rice was over cooked the greek salad was the most enjoyable part of my meal.. Service was good- but we almost felt rushed. Very outdated interior, and christmas music was still playing. Not a place we will go to again. Two thumbs down.

3  Thank Juli M

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I eat at Zougla Restaurant 2-4 times a month. The calamari is the best I have EVER had, and all of the other dishes are delicious. I am a little floored that anyone would give it a bad review...I have never had a bad meal or experience there. I go there for every special occasion and bring my family and friends any chance that I get. The restaurant is always clean and the atmosphere is classy and romantic. I highly recommend Zougla to everyone.

5  Thank EP777
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Staff was snooty,food was mushy and bland, beauiful view but place was empty but we could not get a table by the window????

2  Thank MurphtheSurf_10
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Great if you like 70's style hotel restaurants--although it's not a hotel restaurant it has the same feel and atmosphere. The food is very retro, but not on purpose-just stuck in a time warp.I had some kind of steak that was very bland and reminded me of the bad old days of chain steakhouses in the UK.

My wife had a seafood dish that was cooked to death and looked like cafeteria food with the obligatory vegetables--nice and bright, but absolutely no taste.

We went around 8:00pm and the staff looked like they were pretty much rolling it up for the night--I guess their clientele tends to 'eat early'...and that was on a Saturday...I can't imagine what it's like on a Tuesday in February...

4  Thank bazza2012016
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had a group of about ten people lunching at this restaurant and I believe everyone was quite happy with the food, service and prices. I have to admit it doesn't stand out in my memory as a particularly special place, but the restaurant was quite attractive and there is good parking right outside --- both of which make this restaurant worth returning to.

5  Thank NotTooLate