“If you like Clam Chowder”
Review of Earl's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Earl's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kelowna, Canada
“If you like Clam Chowder”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

When you get to Vancouver Island, you are probably looking to eat fantastic seafood. Trust me, DO NOT START WITH THE CLAM CHOWDER ON THE BC FERRIES. Wait until you get to Nanaimo (as you are heading towards Parksville), take a break and go to Earls. They make the best Boston Clam Chowder (white) that I have ever eaten. I've tried to duplicate this chowder many times, but can't quite come up to the 100% best flavour ever that they have. So start your seafood quest there and you will NOT be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank SandLaj

North West England, United Kingdom
“Expensive”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

For a chain restaurant with average food this is an expensive place to eat. There are far better restaurants offering good value. I hate to feel I have paid top quality restaurant prices for food I could get in most places with the same atmosphere at more reasonable prices. Paying 13.50 dollars before tax and tip for a bowl of soup is exorbitant. Earls always had a good reputation but they have raised prices but not standard.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Brian B
Nanaimo, Canada
“Unprofessional!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

So, i got all dressed up and wanted to go out for a drink. So i thought Earls is nice, lets try there. So me and my boyfriend get there and they refuse to give me the order i want because thy said they are to busy! All i wanted was the fish tacos replaced for chicken instead of fish and no cheese on it. Because they used to have just chicken tacos. Apparently thats to hard for them. I have went there couple months ago and they gave me that exact order the way i wanted it, and it took like 5 mins. I couldnt believe how fast it was.

BUt they are apparently to incompetent to take an extra 5 mins to do 2 simples things. They would rather lose 2 customers , because they are lazy! Unreal, i have never been to such a pathetic excuse for a restaurant! Totally ruined my night! If they knew how to run a business they would know that its never losing just one customer, because now im going to put the word out there that this place is crap! And tell all my friends, and then that way a business loses more then just one customer. This place and that manager is a disgrace! I am never coming here again! Oh and now i have to have an account to make a [--] comment!!!!! unbelievable!

• Visited June 2013
Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
“Good Lunch Spot”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Try the fish tacos - really nice - a little pricey, but a couple of bucks extra for a tasty lunch? worth it.

Visited March 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“Not Up to par”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I still love the food! Unfortunately, when you raise the prices and make smaller portions sizes - that's a double slam. I won't put up with that no matter what. I understand prices must go up but DON"T make the portions smaller too. It's jsut a money grab.

Visited November 2012