“Not my cup of tea”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
nanaimo bc
“Not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went for lunch and tea leaf reading. I found our time there rushed. Menu is VERY limited The day we went the the offering of lunch was tomotoe soup not very good oh and a scone that wasent much better. The reader was pleasant but rushed.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank kittcarter

Victoria, Canada
“Great Ladies' Day Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have probably been to the Calico Cat no fewer than six times in the past two years. The crepes are magnificent and are served with a delicious fresh salad. Pick the dill dressing, it's the best. A half order is plenty of food. The owner's daughter is one of the hostesses - she is VERY sweet, funny and entertaining. And that's just as you walk in. The high tea is plentiful and beautifully served. If you stay for a reading, my personal favourite is Marilyn. She's such a character with amazing energy and always gives a fun experience. Heather is also very intuitive and warm. Can't wait for the next visit!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank IslandDweller96
London, England, United Kingdom
“The most amazing "not so secret" treasure on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have been visiting the Calico Cat Teahouse for 5 years. I now live in London and will plan a special trip there, that's how magical the place is. Whether it's the amazingly, delicious high tea, or the ham and asparagus crepes, makes no difference, it's consistently wonderful. The service is personable and I'm not sure why (as I'm not a huge tea drinker) the tea takes on a whole new dimension when you drink it there.

Heather is THE only person I will have read...she is an amazing intuitive and has told me things only someone as special as her could reveal that no other human being knows but me. If you're uncomfortable with those types of revelations, still go for the food and pick one of the other ladies there and have your leaves read just for fun. Either way, it is an worthwhile experience full of wonderful ambiance and family love. I especially like to go when Heather's other family members are there as they have her amazing spirit as well.

I am on my way home to the island for holidays and will be sure to make a booking to this secret place that is not so secret and treasure of the island.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank Suzanne D
Nanaimo, Canada
“"A big rotten egg "”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I think this establishment should be ashamed of themselves for pretending to be able to read tea leaves
and taking a lot of money from vulnerable people .
food is ok but simple ...How hard is it to make a crepe !

• Visited July 2012
6 Thank Elaine q
Ladysmith, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Really friendly staff & great staff & amazing muffins and cheesecakes!

Visited June 2012