“Too noisy!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Nanaimo, Canada
“Too noisy!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we went to the Cactus Club, it was during the NHL playoffs and the noise from that and the music was far too much. Others might do better at another time but I had to go outside to escape the din.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank YukonStef
Kelly L, General Manager at Cactus Club Cafe, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for choosing Cactus and taking the time to review us. I would like to apologize for the volume you speak of. During a recent renovation we have added glass walls to better divide our bar and dining room. We also have wireless speakers that our guests can use on the table so the sound is rarely on the main speaker system. We hope by doing this we are able to better accommodate all our guest whether they are at Cactus Club to enjoy a sports program or a intimate dinner.

We hope to serve you again in the restaurant soon.

Sincere,

North Nanaimo
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hubby & I just had our second visit to Cactus Club (in recent memory) and we're thrilled with the new menu. Many dishes we really have to go back and try.

A few years back we got turned off this restaurant. We're so glad we decided to check them out again!

We've now tried several dishes and everything was delicious

My only complaint is guys at the bar getting very loud during sports/drinking evenings.

• Visited February 2013
Kelly L, General Manager at Cactus Club Cafe, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hi Sue,

Thanks for revisiting Cactus Club and for reviewing our restaurant. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the food so much you are looking forward to trying more. We are luck to have Iron Chef Rob Feenie as our Executive Chef and Food Concept Architect to continue pushing the boundaries with our menu.

As for the noise, I am sorry it has disturbed you. We try our best to seat our guest in an area that suits their needs. i.e.. Sports fans in the bar. Our newly renovated Bar and Lounge has glass partitions to create some division from the dining room and act as a sound barrier. Also if you request a quiet table on your next visit we will do our best to accommodate!

Cheers,

Vancouver Island, Canada
“A nice place with a good atmosphere”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place has a good menu, pretty servers and the food is usually good too. Not a unique restaurant by any means, modern decor, definately designed to attract the younger crowds with expensive wine and modern music.

Visited August 2012
Kelly L, General Manager at Cactus Club Cafe, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to review our location. Cactus Club strives to provide a superior dining experience with friendly and attentive staff. We are so lucky to have Executive Chef Rob Feenie on our team. As Canada's first Iron Chef he has contributed so much to our menu development. As for our decor, each location is different featuring great art collections and floor plans. The Nanaimo location was recently renovated and has changed a lot since your last visit. We now feature artwork supporting the restoration of the Stanley park storms and boast a new bar and Lounge!

Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you in the restaurant soon!

Vancouver Island
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A great place to go for a night out with freinds, excelelnt martini's and cocktails. Great food, freindly staff.

Visited December 2012
Glad to hear you enjoy our Restaurant! We have a great selection of delicious and fun cocktails! Plus martinis are on special on fridays!

Cheers!
Nanaimo, Canada
“Much More Up-Scale Than I Remebered”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My daughter & I went to the Cactus Club for lunch this weekend. I hadn't been there for a long while. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the decor was much more up-scale,

Our waitress was very friendly & attentive. I forgot her name. She was a petite cute girl with a long dark pony tail.

I ordered the ling cod fish tacos – ocean wise™ pacific lingcod, chipotle aioli, shredded green cabbage, & salsa fresca. I was pleased with the presentation. They tasted very good. But, I missed having a little heat & cilantro in the salsa.

My daughter ordered the bbq duck clubhouse – peking duck, pan seared chicken and crisp prosciutto on pecan fruit bread. This sandwich was piled to high to eat like a sandwich. It had to be de-constructed & eaten with a fork & knife. My daughter enjoyed it. But, she thought it was a little light on the duck.

I will definitely eat at the Cactus Club in Nanaimo in the near future.

• Visited January 2013
Kelly L, General Manager at Cactus Club Cafe, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Hello

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I must say your descriptions are beautiful! It is great to hear you enjoyed your meals. If you want to add some more heat next time just let your server know and our chefs will take care of it! As for the Duck Club, it can get a bit messy. We leave the sandwich un-cut so you don't lose the height in the presentation but if you ask ahead we will be happy to slice it in half for you.

We take much pride in our food quality and service and it is nice to know that our guests recognize our standards. Thanks again for the comments and we hope to see you in the restaurant again soon!