“Wonderful hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nanaimo
MGM Seashore Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 34 Nanaimo B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful hosts”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

i would echo the reviews posted by previous guests. My wife and I stayed in the sunset room for 2 nights during our recent visit to Vancouver Island and I could not have been more impressed. The breakfasts were excellent and Glen and Marilyn made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The view across the Strait of Georgia is spectacular and yes, there is plenty of wildilfe in and around the property including eagles, deers and other birds. A must stsy if you are in the Nanaimo area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Carmel Valley, California, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2012

MGM B&B was one of the most romantic places my husband and I have ever stayed. The view was AMAZING and the room was fresh, clean and nicely decorated. Because there were no other quests in the second downstairs bedroom, we had the floor to ourselves, which made it a bit more private. The other room was suitable for guests with children, which I thought was a nice alternative for families. Marilyn and Glenn were welcoming hosts without being intrusive and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the evening upstairs chatting and learning more about the Nanaimo area. Breakfast was delicious and they even accommodated our early departure. I can't wait to return again some day when I'm sure it will feel even more like a visit to old friends.

Room Tip: If you want to insure quietude and maximize privacy, I would inquire if the downstairs room that acc...
Kispiox Valley, BC
Reviewed June 16, 2012

It seriously does not get better than MGM B&B! I do not really know where to start with this place. First I will begin with hosts. Marilyn and Glen are one of a kind. They are the most hospitable caring hosts you will ever meet. From the moment we arrived, we did not feel like a guest in their home, but old friends. The couple is truly amazing!
The rooms were also great. We had the two rooms on the middle floor (round room king and the other king room) I think we paid about 169.00 per room... and that included-beach front access and a beautiful walkway down to a lovely sitting area above the ocean, espresso, coffees, teas, juices (etc.), home-made nanaimo bars when we arrived!, a billiard table, hot tub on the beautiful deck outside the sliding glass doors from our room, big screen tv with satellite and movies, etc. etc. etc. I cannot continue to explain how perfect this place is and the people that come with it! We also saw bunnies and deer right in their yard (there are a lot!). The breakfast was divine! They made a delectable breakfast-all different for each of us! Truly amazing, with a lovely cappuccino!
Marilyn and Glen bring B&B expectations to a whole new level. If you are on the island (no matter where, i HIGHLY recommend their place!) Definitely check out their website! Amazing photos!

Room Tip: For sure the Honeymoon Room... AMAZING!
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had been planning a visit to the Vancouver area for a long time: our daughter was staying in Vancouver for one year. Finally my son and me decided to do the trip from Belgium and come to Canada. We saw the MGM Seashore B&B website before we arrived - but reality was more intense. We saw the elegant interior, the beautiful sunlight and sunsets, the wonderfully decorated breakfast plates. We smelled the delicous waffles, wild salmon and perfectly brewed coffee. We heard the ocean and the humming birds. The room was very spacious, the view from the deck was gorgious. We had a lounge, a hot tub, a TV, DVDs, a fridge etc at our disposal. This was great. But above all we were overwhelmed by the extremely warm welcome that Marilyn and Glenn gave the three of us - and by the caring support they gave our daughter when she was all by herself in Vancouver. I appreciate that very much. It is more than what I could have expected.
Denise Dictus , Belgium

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
White Rock
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This B&B offers a spectacular view from all levels as it is perched above the seashore and looks across Georgia Strait to the mainland. You are able to see many of the islands near and far. We were impressed by Glenn and Marilyn's exceptional welcome and warm hospitality. The MGM provides a delicious breakfast; you are able to choose from a printed menu. The house is beautiful, spacious and comfortable. We would highly recommend this B&B for anyone staying in the Nanaimo area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were married on the deck overlooking the ocean surrounded by breathtaking scenery, nature, and the warm and wonderful Marilyn and Glenn.Our stay was more beautiful than we could have imagined. Marilyn & Glenn went out of their way to ensure the stay and our special day was perfect. It's all in the details: the fantastic breakfast to start the day, the tulips and the pansies, the chocolate dipped strawberries, the homemade Nanaimo bars, And, two deer joined us in the middle of our ceremony. Delightful!! The accomodations were excellent. We felt completely pampered. Thank you Marilyn & Glenn, for everything!!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Ontario
Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Marilyn & Glenn are wonderful B&b hosts! This was our second visit to there B&B and my wife and I have no reason to go anywhere else. The view is stunning and the accommodations are excellent! We love this B&B - can't say anymore than that:)

Stayed April 2012