“Attentive, Relaxing, Educational, Active”

Wildheart Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us in our 25th season exploring gorgeous Vancouver Island. Kayak with orca whales in Johnstone Strait, grey whales in Clayoquot Sound. Our tours feature gourmet camping cuisine, fun-loving certified guides, premium kayaking and safety equipment and we have offer both camping and lodge based tours. Check out our Daytrip here in Nanaimo paddling the gorgeous waters of the Gulf Islands.
Edmonton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Attentive, Relaxing, Educational, Active”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I and two friends signed up for the 4 day paddle and camp around the Broken Group. Our guide - Philipp Winter - was friendly, attentive, patient and knowledgeable. As a prairie girl, I learned a tremendous amount from our guide about sea life and tides. We had many peaceful encounters with wildlife including harbour seals, bald eagles, black tail deer, garter snakes, common mergansers and banana slugs (ick). We also interacted with anemones, hermit crabs, bat star fish, and moon jelly fish. We heard there were orcas in the area but didn't see any ourselves. We ate a variety of kelp and sea asparagus. Concerns about the red tide (PSP) prevented us from harvesting shellfish.

Philipp was also very knows knowleable about First Nations anthropology and shared stories of the Tseshat (sp) nation.

Bathroom facilities on the major islands we visited (Benson, Hand, Willis) were composting toilets but were clean and well cared for.

The food was also excellent and abundant. Ask for the Robson Bites pancakes and the curry.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Cynthia S

Arkansas City, Kansas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Daytripper best experience of trip”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The entire family (including grandparents and elementary-aged children) spent a day on the water. We had never kayaked, and this was just a great experience. We weren't rushed, and were able to explore the water, wildlife, and shoreline. Desserts at lunch were fantastic, and Kim is a patient and knowledgeable guide.

Visited June 2013
BC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nootka Sound trip blew my mind”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

From beginning to end, my 6-day guided trip was fantastic. That mainly had to do with the excellent guides, Liam and Kerri, and the leadership of the Owner, Kim (and his wife's delicious muffins). The food was amazing, I always felt completely taken care of. I also always felt safe and informed, and completely entertained/ educated by Liam's wealth of knowledge. I liked it so much that I booked another great trip with Wildheart, which aslo went extremely well despite the weather. I would never consider switching to a different company!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Mary Ann C
Vancouver, Canada
“6 days in Clayquot”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Last August I did a 6 day kayaking trip in Calyquot with Liam as our guide. It was a fantastic trip and I'm planning another one for this year. The food was great, the views spectacular, and Liam was a fountain of knowledge: taught us how to tell the difference between wolf and dog tracks, had tree and whale identification books and could identify seemingly every bird we saw.

I loved camping on beaches each night, but the last night we stopped at a beach with sites in trees, and so I slept tucked in an old growth forest. I'm very excited about going again.

Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Awesome Rockin' Kayaking Trip”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've just returned from 4 fabulous days paddling with Kim and the crew at Wild Heart in stunning Clayoquot Sound. This is my third trip out with Wild Heart (ventured to the Broken Islands in 2009 and Gulf Islands in 2011 of which both were outstanding trips) and once again, they provided a fantastic holiday for my wife and I. The food is always top notch with personal touches like homemade baking, fresh organic ingredients and plenty of it…I'm sure we put on a few pounds in spite of the paddling. We always meet such interesting people and the times around the campfire are so entertaining…I can't wait till our next trip out with these guys. Wild Heart Rocks!

Visited August 2012