“Best Chinese food on the Island!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #142 of 321 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Nanaimo, Canada
“Best Chinese food on the Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

A friend recommended Da Tang's to us and we thought we would check out the restaurant. We were in for a treat! The service and food were both top notch and we soon discovered the BEST Chinese food we have had on Vancouver Island. This restaurant is not to be missed.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Nanaimo, BC, Canada
“Great Chinese food in Nanaimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Been to Da Tang 3 times and it keeps getting better! My wife and I have added it to the regular rotation of places to eat. The Singapore fried noodles are the best I have had in a long time. It's very hard to go there without having them. Every thing we had was excellent, even the seasonal stir fried vegetables were noteworthy. Service was fast and friendly, the food was reasonably quick (the place was busy). The chef (owner?) came out as we were leaving to see how we had liked it. Smiles all around. The only downside was that the air conditioning didn't seem to be working that well the night we were there, it was a bit warm. Overall, a very positive experience and highly recommended.

Visited July 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Da Tang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Best Chinese food i've found in Canada. Probably the most authentic Chinese i've had outside of Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur. We stumbled on the restaurant with the help of a very nice couple from Nanaimo after asking some locals for a recomendation. I was looking for some seafood and the couple recomended Da Tang. The location was about 1 mile off of the main highway and about 5-6 miles north of the Ferry landing, Duke's Point I think it is called. Nice selection of seafood dishes with outstanding fried rice. I'd requested the chef to "heat-up" my dish and they were very accomodating. Nice, simple decor and clean, this restaurant is all about the food.Great restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Best Chinese food I have had in a while. It was so fresh and not too greasy, it was a nice surprise. The service was a little slow but it was worth it, I will definitely be back again.

Visited July 2014
Nanaimo, Canada
“Best Chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This has to be some of the best Chinese food I have had in a long time. I was full and joined some friends and still enjoyed everything. We ordered green beans with egg and the chef came out and made sure we had this before and explained it was black egg so he changed it to our liking. We had bbq duck, scallops, bbq pork chow me in, sweet and sour pork with pineapple. It was all very delicious and cooked to perfection. I can not stand over cooked food and all was perfect.

• Visited June 2014