“The pickle”

Marina's Taverna and Pizza
Ranked #3 of 321 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Pizza, Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come and enjoy traditional Greek Cuisine. We offer fresh cooked meals daily, using high quality ingredients. Our portions are large and very reasonably priced. We look forward to serving you.
“The pickle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This place has it all my goodness the lamb melted in my mouth the potatoes were the best I have ever had the staff were so friendly and professional even the chef came out and asked how are meal was the atmosphere is unbelievable I highly recommend this golden restaurant thanks marina, s for a great evening out I will be back for sure

Nanaimo, Canada
“New Restaurant - worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This us a new restaurant at a location and décor similar to a predecessor but a completely different menu. I would suggest the restaurant needs time to work out service bugs as the service was inconsistent and sporadic. I definitely would go back but I would give it a little time before I do. The food was very good. It was hot and well presented. Too much Greek bread littered the plate which both us wasted. The bread, as part o the entre should be elevated in favour of little bread served separately. The calamari was excellent. The entrée were good but not exceptional. The roast lamb had a strange flavour to it,I guess based on the way they cook it, not to my personal liking. There was fat on the shank that should have been removed. The salad included with your entrée was excellent and the fruit desert plate, also included as a nice bonus. Overall I will return and I would take guests there. There is good value good but not exceptional food and a pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank jaques22
Pinao P, Owner at Marina's Taverna and Pizza, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We will take your suggestions into consideration.
Marina
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“After the movie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Just left the movie & drove downtown for a meal - but, hey this is Nanaimo where not much is open at 9:45 on a Monday. Popped into Marina's and had an enjoyable meal; friendly staff.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Bede-Are
“Great new dinner spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent friendly service; food fresh, well cooked, good portion size! We intend to make this a regular spot for great Mediterranean food. Best calamari in Town!

• Visited June 2014
Nanaimo, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Found this little diamond by accident, turned the wrong way and there she was. A quaint little place with the best pizza I have tasted in a long time, lots of character and very very friendly. The ladies were very sociable and gave a small dance for us.

• Visited May 2014