“Wanted to go but....”

$25.56*
and up
40-Minute Nanaimo Zipline Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Aerial adventures & zip lines transform an afternoon in the outdoors into awesome recreation adventures at WildPlay Element Parks. Adults, teens, kids, and groups get back to nature, through primal fun & games that include the adrenaline pumping: Monkido® Aerial Adventure - an exclusive tree-top obstacle course, that teaches the lost art of monkeying-around. Guests conquer climbing nets, fly across zip lines, balance on wobbly bridges, take a Tarzan swing and dozens more games, 2-18m above ground. Bungy Jump - a famous 46m ankle-harnessed leap from a trestle bridge high above the Nanaimo River. Bragging rights included. Over 250,000 guests, and counting!. Primal Swing - a giant pendulum ride that arcs 39m from the trestle bridge through the Nanaimo River canyon! With intense 140kph speeds, and amazing scenery, it's a breath-taking nature experience. DragonFLY Zip Lines - two smooth, swift, and scenic flights that cross the Nanaimo River canyon. A guided adventure for those who just want to hang out and enjoy the ride. | Challenge your abilities, discover your inner monkey, spend time with friends, and evolve beyond your [self-perceived] limits in Nanaimo's most unique outdoor play space!
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We live in Alberta and have been trying to organize a visit to the park for the past week for a trip we are planning this weekend. We have sent email/online reservation requests as well as tried to call to make reservations but have gotten no response. We feel frustrated, disappointed and are now ready to find an alternative activity. I guess I would now question their ability to be organized to ensure safety on their courses if they cannot manage phone calls or emails.

8  Thank clg
WildPlayElementParks, Director of Sales at WildPlay Element Parks Nanaimo, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Hi clg-

I am very sorry to hear you were unable to reach us to plan your recent adventure. Your feedback is really important and I am hoping you will contact me so I can understand how and where the breakdown in communications occurred. Most immediately, our support team is working on a complete review of our technical systems so we can address any problems.
I can completely understand your frustration and disappointment and would like for the opportunity to correct this situation.
We pride ourselves in an unblemished safety record and hope for the opportunity to host you at our park for a future visit to see for yourself. I invite you to contact me directly at the park by phone at 1-888-716-7374.

Brandon Williams, for

in 8 reviews
"safety"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2011

My 11 year old daughter and I visited Wildplay for the first time in June. While the attraction itself was great fun and safe , we found the staff at Wildplay to be less than welcoming. The first issue was having to sign the typical waver for these kinds of risky activities. The signing wasn’t the issue. It’s expected. The issue was the staff’s request to have my signature witnessed by someone. And since my daughter couldn’t witness my signature I was asked by the staff to solicit someone in the waiting area for their signature. The entire process was strange and I’m sure wouldn’t hold up in court of law should the need be.
Once signed in, the second issue was the way we were treated right from the start. There was no introduction by the staff member who was tasked with instructing us how to put on the safety harness. I’ve been to these sorts of activities before and typically you would expect the staff member to cheerfully introduce themselves, say welcome to Wildplay, and offer some encouraging words about what to expect. Without even a hello, we were ordered to step into our harness. Once this was done we were told there would be “zero tolerance for disrespecting others or yourself’ (not sure what that really meant) and not following this rule would result in promptly being escorted off the property. This was within all of 2minutes of putting on the harness. . Now if my daughter and I seem like a threat or if we were part of a bunch of rambunctious teenagers bent on destruction then I could appreciate the firm standing. That was treat number 1.
The second threat came during the onsite training demonstrating how to clip in and out of the safety lines. The instructor showed us how to execute this correctly, promptly followed by the firmly placed warning that if we couldn’t satisfy the staff member with our understanding and demonstration of the clipping in and out procedure then again we would be asked to leave. Again no need for the treat.
Don’t get me wrong. I understand the risk and safety concerns. Believe me when I say it’s absolutely necessary during this activity to ensure the proper use and execution of the safety devises. But there is certainly a way to get this point across that I don’t think requires being threatened with expulsion at every turn. In general we found the staff to be militant and not very welcoming.

6  Thank Cicco5833
WildPlayElementParks, Manager at WildPlay Element Parks Nanaimo, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Hi Cicco5833,

Thank you for bringing your recent experience to our attention. At WildPlay we love our guests, and guest safety is our utmost concern. We are constantly fine-tuning our safety processes as they relate to the guest experience and we very much appreciate your feedback.

Our team is currently reviewing the points you’ve raised as to better understand what occurred during your visit and how we can enhance our service processes for future guests.

We pride ourselves in providing a positive and fun guest experience, with a high focus on safety, support and self-empowerment for everyone who visits our park. In this case, I am very sorry that you were dissatisfied with these key elements of your experience.

We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back, and provide a more positive experience in future. I invite you to contact me directly anytime to discuss your experience further and hope we can resolve any dissatisfaction from your recent visit.

Best Regards,

Jennifer Doyle
Park Manager
WildPlay Nanaimo

Reviewed August 29, 2009

I agree with the reviewer who complained about the fact that this place never answers their phone. Also, unlike the Adrena Line adventure in Sooke, in this one there is no group leader going through the activity with you and making sure you're ok; you're basically on your own. If you're worried about attaching yourself correctly so that you don't get killed when you fall, this might not be the place for you. Nevertheless my two teens really enjoyed this activity. We stayed in nearby Nanaimo but I would recommend staying in one of the beach towns further up the coast. Nanaimo is an ugly, depressing town with not a whole lot to say for itself.

9  Thank Shain
Reviewed August 26, 2009

My 9 year old son had an awesome experience! The instructors are great! It didn't take long for my son to get the hang of it and by the end he was a pro at hooking on his safety lines and zipline. If you ever want to enable your child this is the opportunity! The confidence they gain from doing this is amazing!
Make your reservations ahead of time if you go on the weekend - it's busy!
Our only problem was finding the place. We saw only one small sign from the highway and it took us a little while to find it but it was well worth the time!
We will definitely be back!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Our son wanted to go back to TreeGo after having gone on a birthday party. I was very leery of the heights, zip line and just about every other challenge I thought about.

Our whole experience was excellent. From our initial reservation, to check-in, group instruction, to the child's test course and the rest of the TreeGo experience.

The instruction was first rate. The guide's tips provided me with the confidence to go on the first level. What a blast. I progressed to the second level and convinced my son to give it a go. We did a couple loops of the first two levels. My wife went onto to level 3 and found it challenging but fun.

Have never gone on a zip line in my life nor would I have dreamed of doing so, but you feel so safe and confident that I hurdled myself off the platform and towards the next tree. Right on! Loved everyone of them. In fact it was so fun that we went on the Canyon Zip and that was a lot of fun zipping by the bungy jumpers.

We had a great day out. Spent over 3.5 hours in the TreeGo section alone and could have stayed another hour or more.

Already planning on going back. We recommend TreeGo to all our guests to Nanaimo! A first rate attraction in our community!

2  Thank BuccaneerDave