“DELICIOUS”

Tandoori Junction
Ranked #45 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Been here several times now - always had very tasty, well-seasoned food and good portion sizes. Especially love the chicken tikka. Just wish they would stay open a little later but will definitely keep coming back.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had heard good things about the food at Tandoori Junction, so I decided to stop in with a friend who had been there already and see how it was. The buffet was smaller than I was expecting, and it was hiding at the back of the restaurant. In fact, it was so well hidden that when I first walked in, I questioned if they even had a buffet. After we were seated, we were brought half full glasses of warm water (no ice in sight) and the only thing the waiter asked us was if we wanted menus or buffet.

Last time my friend and her husband had immediately gone up to the buffet, and the waiter never came by to ask if they wanted another drink, so they assumed this was why. I specifically waited at the table, and not a single person came by to ask. Even later, when I was experiencing immense mouth burn because I didn't expect the food to be as spicy as it was, when my friend tried to get the attention of the waitress as she walked right past by saying "Excuse me" four times, the waitress kept walking. We finally corned the waiter and ordered a ginger ale and a milk (ease the pain). He looked very shocked that I wanted milk, but brought it over with the pop. The milk was almost warm, not like it was bad, but not fresh from the fridge; the ginger ale was at most 3/4 of the glass full, with three adorable ice cubes floating on top.

It wasn't all terrible; the butter chicken and naan are amazing, and I would consider returning for that. I was disappointed at how spicy some of the other dishes were, as well as how limited the buffet was. Some more vegetables and cold items would be appreciated to numb the spiciness.

As for the atmosphere, it is more like a bar than a restaurant. The lights are kept very low, and the music is almost distracting if you are trying to have a conversation with your companion. The table that we were set up with was also too close to the table behind us, so I kept getting bumped by our neighbour.

Overall, I would consider returning to Tandoori Junction, but I would not expect any great service from them. One thing that peeved me a little was if you pay with debit, under the tip option, it gives suggested percentages. I scoffed at that, there is no way that performance was getting 15%.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Dropped in on two friends having a "birthday lunch"...ordered some naan and glass of house red. I asked the server to please add a glass of the birthday girl's wine to my tab and she did . I was struck by the ugly decor... Wall art ...tapestries hung crooked in an attempt to create atmosphere etc., didnt "work". I sampled my friends curry and it was okay but served in a very in UNappealing stainless steel oven dish. Problem was...all of this was pretty pricey. Wine WAY overpriced, and food too much for the food delivered.Disappointing in general. I will happily drive to departure bay for great Indian food...service...and reasonable prices.

1  Thank foodaholic58
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Good lunch time buffet. Not a huge number of items but good quality. Warm naan and great fresh mint sauce.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

1 ad said the buffet was Sat and Sun. at noon; The website said Sunday to Thursday, so I thought Sunday was a good bet. We arrived at 1:30, inquired about the buffet and waitress apologized that others had the same misgiving. We decided to stay and sat down with menus. 15 min later we were still sitting and waitress was not in sight. We took this as a bad sign and left for greener pastures.

2  Thank JaimeVancouverIsland