“Bad timing”

Cuisines: German, Soups
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Bad timing”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were recommended to go here by a local resident. We decided to go for Sunday breakfast. Unfortunately when we arrived a larger table had just seated. It took an hour to get our eggs Benny (which really was not a problem)...but when they arrived the eggs were still raw! The cook has rushed the order due to the delay. They redid them but still not cooked enough. A big shame as the server was very nice and great attitude. I will try them again for lunch, this time I put it down to bad timing.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank islandholidaymaker

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Breakfast/Lunch”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Another Nanaimo hidden gem! My friend Jeff who works in the government building in downtown Nanaimo invited me for lunch last Friday and brought me to Pier 97 in their new location in the Port O Call Hotel.
He had the sandwich in the picture, a kind of club with a whole schnitzel inside. It was huge and he ate the whole thing saying it may have been the best sandwich he ever ate. I had a breakfast skillet, served right in a skillet, that was delicious and very filling. The Chorizo Skillet is hash browns fried with vegetables, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and topped with 2 fried eggs and a spicy chorizo sausage. I left feeling warm and satisfied.
I go to a lot of restaurants but I only review the ones that really impress me. This place has impressive food.

• Visited September 2013