“SUSHI RYU - just put on your shoes right now and go there!”
Review of Sushi Ryu-Nanaimo - CLOSED

Sushi Ryu-Nanaimo
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Presentation, service, quality and price - AMAZING. This spot has been death for many restaurants and I truly hope this new one survives. I have eaten in Japan and in many wanna be Japanese restaurants in N. America - this one is class. It is in the sliver of cucumber skin wrapped around the tea light, the carved cucumber rose holding the ginger, the amazing mango sauce…..

The restaurant deserves to be overwhelmed with business but based on its location and restaurant history I fear customers are skeptical. Part of me wants no one else to know about this little secret; the other part wishes them the best of success in a challenging market.

4  Thank ELES ESCAPE B a... B
There are newer reviews for Sushi Ryu-Nanaimo

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Sushi Ryu just opened in Nanaimo and they are offering 15% off for the month of July, 2014.
Address: 6595 APPLECROSS ROAD NANAIMO BC V9V 1K8 (behind Costco)
I lived in Vancouver most of my life and have eaten a lot of sushi over the years. This new restaurant is a welcome addition after being disappointed by many sushi joints on Vancouver Island. The staff are friendly and the House Roll is an incredible value at $6.00.
I sincerely hope they do well in their new location behind the Costco (at the North East exit).

2  Thank Brett O
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I went on Friday with my daughter. We ordered 6 items; all were served perfectly, tasted fresh and presented beautifully. The Spicy Agedashi Tofu was our favourite but everything we ordered was delicious. Our server took excellent care of us and really cared to ensure that we enjoyed our meal. Had to do it all over again on Saturday; this time with my husband, and once again A++++. So great to have this reasonably priced restaurant with quality food in the area. Big smiles all around.

1  Thank Maimo2013
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Me and my girlfriend were on holiday last summer 2013 and were roaming about looking for a place to eat. We came across the 'Sushi Bistro' that had recently opened around that time and were attracting people in with a 20% off of all food deal, so we thought we would give it a go. We were greeted and seated by super friendly staff who took the time to chat with us. We ordered two bento boxes and my god were they good! Im half Japanese myself so Ive got high standards for Japanese food. We were seriously impressed with the overall dining experience and ended up going back there 5 times! Ive never had such quality tasting sushi at a real low price. If only there was a Sushi Bistro in the UK :( Highly recommend it!!

1  Thank Raymanthe3rd
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for dinner on a Sunday. We opted for take out rather than dine in so we could get home earlier after being out all afternoon. The restaurant is nicely decorated, clean and newly renovated. As we walked in they sat us at a table (despite telling them we wanted take out) and offered us all comp tea. Waitress was super friendly. Patiently waited for us to decide. Told us that we would receive 10% off order over $35 (wow!) She was knowledgeable about menu and answered all of our questions. She brought us bill and gave us chocolates. Haven't received such good front of house service in a long time. Food was fresh and sushi well prepared. Delicious! They offer all of the Japanese favorites plus a whole page of chef/house special roles. Apparently this is a newer restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone feeling like some higher end tasty sushi and great service for a reasonable price.

1  Thank cantravellor