“Just ok”

Add it.
Bollywood North
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Went to this restaurant twice earlier this year in 2013. The first time, not impressed by the decor and attendance, so I gave a second chance, the second try was the same.
Also I can't understand why an Indian restaurant doesn't have Nan bread to offer to the customers. Nan breads are a very important part of the Indian cuisine in my humble opinion.

1  Thank Laurent F

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I can't believe that the dining room is not packed every night. The food is very authentic, the service is great and it has a nice ambience. Can't wait to go again for Mother's Day!

2  Thank barbanddave5958
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were very excited when we learned their was a new indian restaurant in Nanaimo. Sadly it does not seem to know if it is an indian restaurant, north american restaurant or other. They have the word 'gravy' in the description for a curry!! The food was OK, but not great. Certainly not a traditional indian restaurant. On the plus it was very clean and the service was wonderful.

1  Thank V-I-Explorer
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I Moved over to Nanaimo with my family a year ago and we are all Vegetarian. Having moved from a big city we were spoiled for choice. Nanaimo however apart from a limited couple of restaurants offering vegetarian options Nanaimo does not offer a real alternative for dining vegetarians. Also having come from the UK and spoiled with good quality Indian restaurants I'm always look out for a good Indian restaurant. I came across an add in he paper offering discount for a buffet all you can eat lunch at the Bollywood in North Nanaimo? I figured they would probably have a vegetarian selection being an Indiana restaurant so it seemed worth a check out.

Well when I went with the family I was pleasantly surprised! We went for lunch and they have a special for 12.95 all you can eat! Apart from the basic decor which t was focused on the food. It was presented nicely and offered a variety of no less then 6 vegetarian buffet options on the day. There were also meat options buttered chicken a curried beef dish, pork dish even a couple of pasta dishes There was about 16 choices in all for meat and veg lovers. The best part, my wife is not to keen on Indian food so they had a vegi bolognes and some other dishes such as rosemary garlic potatoes for sides There was also a salad bar offering a variety of fresh garden and fruit options.

The food was nicely presented, hot and the veg fresh and crunchy. It's refreshing to know I have an alternative at the North end of Town. So if your stuck for something different and want some Indian flavor but also North American dishes for the whole family check it out!