“What a delight to find this gem!”
Review of Namul - CLOSED

Namul
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Nelson Rd
Description: The one and only Korean restaurant in Nanaimo! Namul is a Korean word for seasoned or sauteed vegetables and any edible greens or herbs. Our menu consists of authentic Korean cuisine, fusion Korean cuisine, and many kinds of rice and noodle bowls. We have gluten-free options as well as vegan options. We don't use any MSG or other food additives. We don't deep fry anything either. We cook everything the right way for the full healthy nutrition. We freshly hand-cut all of our vegetables and meats for our food. For an authentic genuine home-style restaurant in Nanaimo, come to Namul and enjoy the fresh and homemade food
Chemainus, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a delight to find this gem!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went here for lunch today and was most pleasantly surprised. I ordered the KimBab appetizer, very reasonably priced, and one of their luncheon specials, BiBimBab. Divine! Seasoned and flavoured just right. After asking to have half the meal wrapped up to take home, I decided I had room for dessert, a warmed blueberry scone with ice cream and frozen blueberries, so delicious!
The service was excellent. This is the type of restaurant I would go to celebrate a special occasion

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Karen F

Nanaimo
“" Died and gone to heaven "”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This modest little restaurant situated on Rutherford Road , at first glance you would not think that you would get addicted to their Korean specialty dishes and go back again and again and again !!!
But that is exactly what I did !!
From the seafood...to the fried rice....salads etc....everything is a delight !! You can have it as spicy as you like or not....depends on you.
I have never regretted , one day, to give this place a chance !
The owners, servers are absolutely fantastic.
Please go and try....you won t regret it... I promise !!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank orcabm
Nanaimo, BC
“A treat for lunch”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband called me and said lets do Korean for lunch, and I suggested we try this restaurant, it was a wonderful surprise, love the food, vegetables were not over cooked, we had the Pork BibimBab. Joo is most gracious, and kind and she even treated us with the Blueberry Bliss Yummy, They also have take out, Restaurant is very pleasant and in nice cute, little destination shopping place, you can browse at the cool places around it. Its at the top of Rutherford Hill, worth the trip. Thanks Joo

• Visited August 2013
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have eaten at Namul (twice dining in) and once getting take out. The food is awesome. Value wise it's not great, but since it's the only korean restaurant in the city currently open, it may be justified in the higher then expected prcies.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lisa G
Nanaimo
“Like having a personal chef”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have been to Korea a number of times, and I find the food at Namul to be as good as anything I had in Seoul. I often dine at Namul with friends for lunch, and with my husband for dinner. My most recent experience there was with my Book Club. Joo, the owner/chef, once again, was wonderful. She spent time with our group explaining the various dishes, and helped us make our choices. Joo's personal attention is one of my favorite parts of the dining experience at Namul. And how can you beat fresh ingredients at a price that is fair?

• Visited April 2013