“Korean Food that really nailed it!”
Review of Namul - CLOSED

Namul
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Nelson Rd
Description: The one and only Korean restaurant in Nanaimo! Namul is a Korean word for seasoned or sauteed vegetables and any edible greens or herbs. Our menu consists of authentic Korean cuisine, fusion Korean cuisine, and many kinds of rice and noodle bowls. We have gluten-free options as well as vegan options. We don't use any MSG or other food additives. We don't deep fry anything either. We cook everything the right way for the full healthy nutrition. We freshly hand-cut all of our vegetables and meats for our food. For an authentic genuine home-style restaurant in Nanaimo, come to Namul and enjoy the fresh and homemade food
Port Angeles, Washington
“Korean Food that really nailed it!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We'd been craving some great Korean food for quite a long time, and Namul did not disappoint us. Everything was fresh and tasty. Would recommend this restaurant!

Visited April 2013

Nanaimo, Canada
“I Wanted To Like Namul But....”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I wanted to like Namul. I loved the ambiance. It was lovely with light cedar wood walls & ceilings. The waitress was friendly & attentive. We were given a Korean omelet to share at no cost to us.
The four of us shared 2 orders of Jon, a Korean Pancake for our appetizer. It was quite greasy & not very flavorful. For mains, my husband & I each ordered BiBimBab, our son-in-law the Hemul which was a seafood dish, & our daughter JapChae which was beef bulgogi served with sweet potato noodles. We were offered free desserts after the meal. We shared their bread pudding which was quite good. But, the meals was not worth the prices. Only, our daughter enjoyed her meal. I was quite ill for 12 hours after eating it. (Stomach pain & nausea)

Would I go back? Their lunch menu with fusion food looked pretty good. I might give it a try sometimes.:)

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank condu
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Tasty but not very authentic.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Maybe fusion menus are good. Service and atmosphere are good. We are served a free appetizer dish of egg omelet. However for people who really like Korean food, should not have great expectations for the authentic menu. Food was very tasty as it should, but the volume and presentation didn't much the price. We ordered BiBimBap and BulGogi from authentic menu. I love BiBimBap in a hot stone bowl but they use a large western plate. BulGogi came with side of lettuce, but it just looked like a food court "teriyaki beef and rice" which I also can make. I couldn't find kimchee nor namul in appetizer menu so I guessed it would come with main dishes, like in most Korean restaurants do, but not. A little disappointing dinner, but maybe we expected too much. This is only Korean restaurant in town, I might give it a try again.

• Visited April 2013
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I found Namul during a visit to Nanaimo from Calgary and turned up one night for dinner with a young Korean ESL student who was pining for food from home. We were both impressed with the menu which combines traditional Korean food with fusion dishes that combined the best of Korean and local fare. The ambiance was delightful and restful with light classics and jazz playing softly and the subdued lighting complementing the wood panelling and art works throughout. The service was friendly and unobtrusive but it was the food that really shone, with obvious emphasis placed on careful preparation and fresh ingredients. I've been back several times for lunch and dinner and I've never been disappointed. Outstanding!

• Visited March 2013
Nanaimo
“Always the Best”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Always the best, so fresh and tasty. Namul is a consistent and delicious place to eat. There is always plenty of food for any appetite and the staff are a real pleasure, both with their efficiency and helpfulness as well as a brilliant sense of humor. I will go back time after time because there are so many wonderful meals to choose from. I highly recommend Namul as a place to go to when health, taste and atmosphere are at the top or your list.

• Visited March 2013