“Best Waterfront Restaurant in Nanaimo”
Review of Bayshore Restaurant and Patio - CLOSED

Bayshore Restaurant and Patio
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have frequented the Bayshore many many times over the summer and have to say it is not only the best location - waterfront upstairs patio overlooking Newcastle Channel - but the food is phenominal. Flo and Jerome (the owners) are welcoming, engaging and always interested in feedback. The staff are friendly and provide prompt service. The food is fantastic. My favourites are the Caesar salad with smoked salmon and fried capers and the seafood chowder is the best I've had. They've recently amended their menu for the fall/winter and I had the coconut prawns - outstanding!!

2  Thank ringleader04

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been a few times and the food is so fresh.....hard to find in Nanaimo! Went last night and between the four of us we sampled a lot of the menu. We appreciate the limited menu as it means they do it well! The location is very romantic and it is our new favorite place to dine!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

went for supper here. Although this restaurant didn't look busy,we still waiting about 10 min for any kind of refreshment. Ordered wine and a drink then had to ask for water later since they did not supply. Ordered seafood soup..salmon and prawn dinner. Waiting forever with empty drink glasses, which did not get filled. When our supper came I said the the waitress " I guess we are not getting the soup?" she apologized and said she would bring one complimentary. We ate our overcooked salmon- what a waste and wrestled with the big prawns to cut them open. After we were done the meal, the soup FINALLY arrived which was the BEST part of this experience. I decided not to have another glass of wine and give these people more of our money. We will NOT recommended this restaurant to ANYONE!.......If the service and food was better, we would of dropped another $50

2  Thank Valerie1965
Reviewed May 25, 2013

First time going for dinner.. heard very mixed reviews ,but thought we would try it and see for ourselves.
Went upstairs to sit on Patio...{poor waitresses up those stairs all day and nite} Great view.. nice comfy chairs, also think needs some plants and color.
Service was good.. I believe the owner came to talk to us.. and we told her it was our first time.. she said well food is amazing, and fresh.. Hmm hope your food is fresh lol.

I was very surprised by the small menu.. was looking forward to an appy but nothing appealed to us.

I asked if there were yam fries, No there isn't.. If there is no yam fries on the menu, why do you have a picture showing them?

I had the fish and chips... good portion, but pretty greasy fish... tarter sauce was good. My husband had the Teriyaki stir fry.. again good portion , he said it was good.. but kinda pricey for $18

I was really excited about this place.. a great view, comfy seats for a patio, but not so sure we would go again.

Needs more selection on the menu..
I really think Owners of these new places should read reviews and listen to their customers. I know you can't make everyone happy.
We would just love a nice place, good view, good food in this City, it really lacks it.

2  Thank Justmarried02
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for an early lunch on a whim, midweek and the place was initially empty. Excellent service as you'd expect, seating us in a corner location that provided great views of the marina and Newcastle Island through huge floor to ceiling windows. It's about half way between Departure Bay ferry terminal and downtown, and easy to locate if you're not familiar with the city. Draft beer, glass of wine, plate of calamari, bowl of fish chowder and bowl of red pepper & asiago soup and the whole thing with taxes and tip came to under $47. That's pretty reasonable in my books, especially considering the quality of the food, all excellent!

As it was our first visit we give it 4 stars, but I think subsequent visits will confirm it as a 5 star restaurant.

1  Thank CashandCarry