“Excellent”

Bayshore Restaurant and Patio
Ranked #42 of 321 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nanaimo
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I had read both bad and good reviews for this restaurant, but we wanted to give it a try and make up our own minds. We went to the restaurant on Valentine's Day - lunch instead of dinner because we thought dinner would be too busy. We were given a nice corner table which had a decent view. The restaurant's atmosphere and the decorations were nice. In addition, the server was amazing. Despite it being busy, she moved quickly from table to table, making sure everyone was doing well and had everything they needed. The food, despite taking some time to make it to the table, was excellent. I had Lobster Tails served with potatoes and veggies. My husband had a chicken wrap and chowder. Everything was really delicious.

We'll definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank TheKorrabella

Nanaimo, Canada
“Too noisy & lacked in professionalism. Has potential!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I decided to give this restaurant a try for a nice relaxing, intimate dinner. When we arrived, the owner (I think) was standing outside smoking and came in as we got there (I think it would be far more professional if patrons did not see this). It wasn't terribly busy at all. I think one table with a fairly large group and another couple of small tables. It was SO loud though! Relaxing it was not! We could not even carry on a conversation. Just to clarify, we are not one thousand years old and do not mind noise (we just came back from 2 weeks in Cabo over New Years) and know how to light it up, but for so few people and it being so loud, our relaxing and intimate dinner turned into a totally stressed out evening! They need some hanging baffles of some sort, to muffle all the noise.

The menu is very limited but the food wasn't actually too bad. Had the seafood chowder and it was very good.

Our server was very pleasant but overall we felt that this restaurant lacked in professionalism.

The location is wonderful. We will definitely try again in the summer and sit out on the deck.

2 Thank islandcharly
nanaimo
“Best Oceanside Restaurant in the Harbour City!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Fantastic Food, Great Views and Friendly Service and very reasonably priced. Happy to hear it is family owned there are too many franchizes supported in this town. Rave reviews on the seafood chowder, steak dinner, fish and chips, wings, as well the burger. I have been a regular customer of the Bayshore since the opening and have seen lots of improvements since day one. I highly recomend this restaurant!!!

3 Thank island t
Ladysmith, Canada
“Staff needs Training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Please, train your floor staff before letting them out! The appropriate response to my query about the house red wine should not be, after having to go look behind the bar, "I think it's Canadian, at least that's what it says on the box". It did provide us entertainment, however I don't think that's the role of a waitress. As we left, she was actually taking the box out to a table to show other customers what they were getting! The bar takes up almost half of the restaurant, there should be both a better list (poor choice of both wine and beer) and certainly more product knowledge. The first time we went there they didn't have olives for the martinis, and served them anyway. All that being said, the food was good this time. No complaints about the burger, and though my partner said the fish was soft on his fish and chips, the batter and chips were good. The room is loud, and staff should be reminded to keep their voices down as all the customers don't need to hear the staff conversations. I should say also that the waitress was friendly and enthusiastic, she just needed more training.

2 Thank goplacesandeatthings
Nanaimo, Canada
“Pleasantly Surprized”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

After a few bad reviews I was afraid to try and put it off for a while. It was great! went with my Dad who is 84 years old. We both ordered a salmon burger which was a large filet on a fresh bun. Mine was spicy but not hot and Dad's was made by request without the spice. Large portions and a choice of sides including salad,chowder or fries. I will be back. Good experience all around.

• Visited December 2012