“One of the best meals I have ever had in Nanaimo” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nelson street
Canada
“One of the best meals I have ever had in Nanaimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and I each enjoyed a wonderful three course meal paired with wine. Each dish was delicious and beautifully plated. The service was great and helpful. It was fun to watch the kitchen staff, I am always impressed how a professional can make it all look so easy. This is the first time I have been to this place since it switched from a deli to a restaurant. I have missed the deli's selection of fine charcuterie, so it was nice to start my meal with a fantastic pate. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody looking for a great tasting meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ster74

Nanaimo, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely the best in the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our wonderful friends took us to dinner at the Hilltop Bistro tonight and it was an incredible dining experience in our little City of Nanaimo that would rival any high end restaurant in Vancouver or anywhere else in the world. Chef Ryan Zuvich pays exceptional attention to every dish that is prepared in his kitchen and ensures that every plate that is delivered to his guests are perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. An incredible dining experience!

• Visited December 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Pretentious without the quality to back it up. Disappointing as we went for a birthday celebration and no mention of it there, no cake, no candles etc. Location is dull and lacks atmosphere

Visited May 2013
5 Thank islandholidaymaker
Fremont, California
“Wonderful food, service, ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

It was all spectacular, I highly recommend. We went back several times to try more things on the menu. All excellent.

Visited October 2013
Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada
“Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This dinner left us satisfied and happy. The restaurant is small and intimate. The staff are knowledgable and attentive. We chose the prix fixe which allowed us thee choices from the menu. As I can not eat desert I was kindly given another choice from the menu. Between the two of us we had six choices and can only say that each dish was suburb. If I could only recommend one restaurant in Nanaimo this would be it.

Visited September 2013