“Needs a clean up”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Needs a clean up”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was excited when I saw that there was this trail near my house when I moved. Unfortunately, I was disappointed as there was a lot of garbage and debris along the trail. However, its worth a walk as the creek and waterfall are quite pretty.

Visited May 2014

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Hidden gem.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What a wonderful surprise! The entrance to this ravine oasis is easy to miss, it's tucked at the end of a church parking lot across from Tim Hortons near the ferry. Each time I visit, I feel like I'm being transported to another world. I love the bridges, waterfall, stream and path. To top it all off, you end up at the beach! As an added bonus, you'll get a stair workout during your walk!

This is one of my favorite spots in Nanaimo.

Visited July 2013
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hidden treasure with a great trail with waterfalls, trees, flowers etc. takes your right down to the ocean. We will diffidently go back!

Visited April 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic dog walk!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great hilly workout with a treat at the bottom: a close-up view of the BC Ferries. Pathways are well groomed, beautiful creek flowing down beside the trail.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Melanie H
Nanaimo BC, Canada
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Amazing walk into a tropical rain forest right in the city.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have lived close to this park my whole life and never went to it. My family and I went a few weekends ago and we were amazed. The walk is for the able bodied as there are lots of stairs. The decent into the gully shows waterfalls, lots of greenery, and listen closely you can hear the birds singing. At the end of the walk you come out to a little beach which is right across from the BC Ferries Dock. If you want a true west coast experience I recommend visiting here.

Visited October 2012