“Extrordinary!!!!!”

Power House Living Foods Co.
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Nanaimo
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nanaimo, Canada
“Extrordinary!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am crazy about raw food and have been to many raw food restaurants across the country and US. I would really be remiss if I did not take this moment to say this raw food restaurant has gone above and beyond in regards to ethical raw food preparation. Outstanding!

The restaurant is clean, the decor is so cleverly attractive and the people are really NICE! Again the food is extrordinary.

The reason I eat raw food is because the enzymes are still alive and they are what makes food nutritious, digestable and delicious! And that is what I recieve everytime I go there.

I can expect raw food restaurant to be a little higher in price as the food is prepared fresh and is mostly organic. When I go to a grocery store I pay 30%more to shop for organic produce and nuts etc.

However the staff and owners of Powerhouse have kept their costs so low. I paid $10.00 for a drink and I was full for the rest of the day. And it was so good! And it is a meal. I had so much energy, and even though I had an energy high I did not have a low. Now had I eaten some cooked meat or carbohydrate bread or drank coffe I would feel heavy and tired and wished there was another way.

This is another way of thinking, eating and living!

I thank you Powerhouse for this amazing restaurant in our little town.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Terry L

Nanaimo, Canada
“Good if you're not worried about your wallet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Everything that I have tried there has been fresh and has tasted amazing, the only down side is price.

• Visited July 2012
Barrie, Canada
“Nice place; Nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went in to try and find something for my teenaged daughter who is on a very restrictive dietary plan to try and isolate triggers for migraine headaches. Staff were friendly and patient, and very accommodating. We were able to put together a blend of fresh juices and berries that suited our purposes perfectly - Thank You! The place was very clean with lovely decor. Tasty, healthy snacks at the cash register were terrific on the road later that day. Would definitely go back.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Best healthy food I've had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I am working away and have been on the road for 4 weeks. I was missing home cooking and wanted something healthy to eat, I decided to bite the bullet and try Power House, my reluctance borne of so many disappointing healthy meals that are either bland or dominated by some unnecessary herb - hopefully you will know what I mean.
First impression - the girl serving was bursting with vitality and enthusiastic about the food they sell. She knew the theory and rationale for the food and combinations they used. She convinced me and I went for the Pesto Pizza - pizza without dough, wheat, mozzarella - what else is left in a pizza? Expecting a tomato with pesto, I was blown away by the taste of this sensational dish. I wasn't very hungry - so the amount was not a problem - and I did find the energy from the food filled me more than a larger plate full of less nourishing food would have. But I was really delighted to have something that tasted so good and was very healthy. I broke my normal travelling rule of never returning to the same place to eat - but it was a Canadian holiday and the chef was out, so I missed out on the Kelp Noodles.
Power House have raised the bar when it comes to healthy and tasty - I really hope the rest of the world is able to catch up as it is just too far to pop back each time I want something good to eat!

• Visited July 2012
Maryland
“delicious but too expensive for what you get”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

The good news: the food tastes great. I have tried the sweet onion wrap (wrap is, yes, sweet and oniony, but mostly full of alfalfa sprouts (two pieces of red pepper, a thin smear of avocado, LOTS o' sprouts)) and loved the flavour of it. My daughter got their pesto pizza and really enjoyed it (raw spinach and cherry tomatoes on sprouted buckwheat crust with a cashew cheese). I have also tried the Euphoria drink - freaking AMAZING! - and their kale chips are great.

However, their prices are high. A not particularly substantial bag of kale chips now costs 9 dollars. The drink I am raving about is 10 bucks for a large, 8 bucks for a small. The onion wrap and their pizzas come in at 9.50 with one pizza priced at 12.50. For what you get these prices are too high by about a dollar or two. Given that the food is so, so good, you get to decide if you care about the extra dollar per meal/drink/bag of chips. Apparently, I don't care, even though I probably should. Generally, the food at Power House probably tastes good enough that you're not going to mind paying the price, but each time I go there I have to be honest and admit that I know I'm getting hosed. I am just getting hosed willingly.

• Visited June 2012