“Not up to par”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went here for a late lunch while shopping and we all had the fish and chips. The fish was excellent but the chips fell way short of being even oderately good. They were hard, over cooked (maybe fried twice?), definately not very edible and not up to par with other Original Joe's.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Came for lunch with mom, service was great on Saturday. Qinuoa salad was delicious, but like I said: Don't order the ribs!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

well its been two years since Original Joe's opened in Nanaimo,and it's kept on improving. I was delighted to hear that an Original Joe's was opening just two blocks from my home in 2012, I had heard good reviews from friends in Calgary. On our first visit I took my parents out for brunch and as it turned out it was really loud. My folks said they didn't mind the food but they would not return because of the overbearing music. My wife and I returned a couple time after to sit on the sunny deck, but i was not really fond of the food.
I recently returned once again mainly for the sunny deck, but also to have an appy; as it turned out my son and I ordered the ribs and fish tacos to share and i must say they were delicious, also the music was lowered to a normal level. over the long weekend we took my mother in law out for a late mothers day lunch and we all had great service and good food, i think I've found my new summer to-go spot.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very disappointing expediencies’ at this restaurant. The atmosphere is pre-bar style, so if you like that its nice to sit and have a couple drinks with some appetizers and friends, but other than that nothing to rave about. The service when we've received it was fake smiles and not very attentive. one time we got seated and then never got service. Not even waters. We sat for 15 minutes waiting. We watched other tables that seated after us and in our section get attended too. we mentioned it to the hostess as we were leaving, she said she could serve us right now but we politely declined and left. A couple months later we decided to give it one more shot with an open mind. That was the last. The food, as it had been before, tasted pre packaged and rushed. nothing memorable about it. so unfortunately we will never be going back. :( there are other places more deserving of our dollar.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We've taken a liking to this chain, starting with Langford BC, then Vernon and recently in Nanaimo. Love the salad options on the menu - that's made it a favorite for sure.
Service here was good, were with family on a snowy Saturday in March so it wasn't too busy. Can count on this chain to be good food and service, we've found.