“exceptional Italian food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
nanaimo B.C.
“exceptional Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Food and service were both wonderful I have tried spaghetti in just about every restaurant it is offered. This is the one of the very best I have tried.
Service was awesome. One of my favorite Nanaimo restaurants.

Visited March 2013

Nanaimo, Canada
“Delicious Italian in Nanaimo! Yay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Finally a great place to go for Italian food. The food is excellent as is the service. The decor leaves something to be desired...chairs seem pretty tacky to me however in the evenings it is quite dark with lots of candles so easy to overlook that.

Visited March 2013
British Columbia
“Unpretentious and Always Pleasing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

A genuine Italian welcome awaits. The antipasto platter is always excellent and very generous.
Menu has an interesting collection of regular items and daily specials.
A Vegetarian Lasagna, Chicken Cacciatore, and an Ossu Buco daily special were recent delights.
Friendly and attentive wait staff and the chef/owner is quite visible and involved.
Wine list is reasonable.

• Visited February 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“A rare treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

If you are the kind of diner who loves the usual ribs & burgers served in the majority of restaurants in Nanaimo, then forget this place.
This restaurant offers a more refined setting and ambience, perfect for a more intimate celebration.
The staff are friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the menu and the food is second to none. The chef will adapt anything on the menu to your specific requirements.
We have visited the restaurant twice and on both occassions, the chef/owner, visited each table to ensure everything was ok.
We would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody and will definitely return.

• Visited December 2012
nanaimo
“Nanaimo finally has a wonderful Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The chef of the new La Famiglia restaurant, used to own another restaurant years ago in Nanaimo (Maffeo's) It was my husband and my favourite place to go. We were excited when we heard he was back and opened his new restaurant. Two weeks ago we finally had a chance to go for dinner. Wow! I am confident it will now be our place to go. The waitresses were friendly and efficient and Dino, the chef came out and spoke with us. The food was fabulous. My grand-daughter and I shared a pasta dish which was creamy and delicious and my husband loved his lasagna. Generous portions, superb italian flavour. We also shared a tirimisu(?) which I had to fight with my dining companions to get my fair share. A really great evening. We are already planning on returning this weekend.

• Visited December 2012