“avoid like the plague”

Value Lodge Economy Motel
vancouver
“avoid like the plague”
Reviewed September 14, 2006

I rented a room, thinking that all motels had at least a bare minimum standard. i turned the key and entered the worst motel room I have seen in my life there was a blood stain on the bed cover, the furniture and fittings were absolutely old and damaged and gross. it looked more like a cell than a room.

i was in there for 30 seconds and went to cancel. the desk guy wouldn't give me my money back. said he'd have to contact the head office to okay it. they would only offer me another room.

it was worth 55 bucks not to stay there.

• Liked — leaving it
  • Disliked — everything about it
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid it like the plague
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
9 Thank omnitrav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 3, 2005

Ups: The staff where helpful and nice, the rooms where clean and cheap. Excellent Showers! Nice view of the harbour only about half an hours walk. Alices Resteraunt and Lounge was a nice Touch, the Lounge especially. Big parking lot front and back.

Downs: The street infront of it gets a little noisey in the day, its the same at every other motel I've stayed at on that street. They don't have bath-tubs (I think the shower made up for it!). Little worn, everythings not -brand- new but its not like its all broken and dirty.

Opinion: The staff where really friendly, and I liked the place better then most of the other Motels up that street. If I'm in Nanaimo I stay there.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed October 15, 2005

This is one of the worst places I have ever stayed. I was lured in by the sign outside - $50 per room. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a price so low, but I sure didn't expect this. My non-smoking room smelled like an ashtray and there were cigarette burns all over the carpet. The TV didn't work. There was no door on the bathroom. But, worst of all, there were lots of unsavorly looking people staying there.
On the positive side, the office person was nice, and there is a nice diner attached - "Alice's Restaurant." And, of course, it was cheap. But for a few more dollars I could have had something I felt safe in.

• Stayed October 2005
10 Thank Tomcod

Travelers are raving about these Nanaimo hotels

Travelers also viewed these Nanaimo hotels
Coast Bastion Hotel
#5 of 19 in Nanaimo
Harbour Light Motel
Harbour Light Motel
#9 of 19 in Nanaimo

Been to Value Lodge Economy Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Value Lodge Economy Motel

Property: Value Lodge Economy Motel
Address: 736 Nicol St, Nanaimo, British Columbia V9R 4V1, Canada
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver Island > Nanaimo
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Nanaimo
Hotel Class:2 star — Value Lodge Economy Motel 2*
Value Lodge Motel is under new management since December of 2009. We renovated all the rooms with new Sealy mattresses and furniture. We also have fully equipped kitchenettes for convenience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Value Lodge Economy Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Value Lodge Economy Hotel Nanaimo