“Superb Setting + Fabulous Food = Bistro at Westwood Lake”
Review of Bistro at Westwood Lake - CLOSED

Bistro at Westwood Lake
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nanaimo, Canada
“Superb Setting + Fabulous Food = Bistro at Westwood Lake”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have enjoyed several meals at the Bistro since discovering this lovely lakeside restaurant in the spring of 2012. Gaetan and his staff have created a warm and inviting atmosphere that is perfect to savour the deliciously prepared food and linger over an after dinner drink. From the minute we walk in the door we enjoy attentive service and amazing food. Chef Kenneth puts magic on a plate and we would be hard pressed to choose a favourite item off the menu. Every time we treat ourselves to a meal at the Bistro we appreciate the entire experience. Whether it is lunch or dinner, the Bistro has become a favourite for our entire family.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Best in Nanaimo”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Treat yourself today. Great food, great wine, great ambiance. The owner is very welcoming and gracious. I will to back soon.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Elegant and comfortable dining”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Bistro at Westwood has an idyllic lakeside setting, a comfortably elegant interior design, delicious food, beautifully presented, and reliably efficient and hospitable service. A rewarding choice for lunch or dinner.

1 Thank Wayworder
Vancouver Island, Canada
“WOW! I never knew this place was so good”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been to Westwood lake several times to walk my dog, and recently found out about the bistro. It is one of the nicest locations with the patio overlooking the lake. I reserved a table which is necessary during the busy season. A limited menu does not make choosing any easier, everything looked and sounded fabulous.
The meal was fresh and delicious, ceasars are fab too!
Service attentive and professional. Just a delight to visit, slightly more up market to the usual restaurants in Nanaimo. I would strongly recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank islandholidaymaker
Edmonton
“Amazing food in a picturesque setting”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I had an anniversary dinner here recently and we were not disappointed. The restaurant is beautifully situated alongside Westwood lake. The restaurant patio has a great view of the lake and we were treated to a baby deer eating grass only a few feet away from our table. It made for a unique eating experience. The service is also fantastic and our waitress was very attentive and kind.
The food is the real star. My wife and I shared an order of crab cakes and an order of muscles for appetizers. They were both excellent but the crab cake was a real delight. For the main course we had the mushroom chicken and the duck. Both were sensational and cooked just right. I definitely have nothing bad to say about this restaurant and will most certainly be back as soon as I'm back in Nanaimo.

• Visited July 2013