“Unique surroundings”

Bistro at Westwood Lake
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Truly an amazing experience. The atmospher, food and view are wonderful. My husband and I decided to share all of our courses allowing us to sample as many items as possible. The house salad is filling and great. The mussels were the best we have ever had. Truly. For our main course we shared the special which was artic char. This was cooked perfectly and although we were both full not a drop was left on either of our plates. For desert we had a lemon dish which was light, yummy and once again finished to the last drop. We cannot say enough about our time at the bistro. We would definitely visit again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Absolutely the best Restaurant in Nanaimo. Food and Service are consistently great. The view and food are spectacular, the wine is always wonderful. Thank you to Gaetan and the wonderful staff at the Bistro for always providing a wonderful dining experience. I would highly recommend the Westwood Lake Bistro.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went here for lunch with a buddy. He enjoys good food, and does not mind paying for it. He demands quality food, you will not fool him but once. My lunch here was something to be remembered. A beautiful settling, and a staff would lives to serve. How rare is that.

Well I was in for a treat, I also like and live for good food, I cook and I know what it takes to prepare it to perfection. But this restaurant does it every day!

Take the time and treat yourself to the way food should be prepared and presented.

You only live once, and you will want to do it here .....regularly.

Ideal for a group or for a very private intimate affair ..with food!

I can see why it is the top rated restaurant in Nanaimo and probably beyond.

A job very well done.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Three friends and I had lunch at the Bistro last Friday, what a delightful experience. Not only is the setting picturesque, but the food and service was excellent. I would definitely recommend a visit to this little piece of heaven for a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lunch with our ladies group was fun on friday,June 07th,2013. The restaurant has a lovely dining room , including an outdoor patio which faces the spectacular Westood Lake. Great Ambiance which included white cloth tablecloths and napkins on all the tables.
The variety of lunch items is diversified and would satisfy anybody's taste. I had the Open Faced West Coast Shrimp Sandwich , with Avocado and Cilantro Avioli. My choice of side was a spring salad, which had a yummy dressing and a viola for decoration. It was very delicious My drink was a pint of Island Lager, however thay have a large variety of wine and other cocktails.The service was prompt and our server was very helpful and friendly. An added touch, was that the owner was attentive showing us to our table and also enquiring how our meal was. We lingered after our lunch, and at no point did we feel that they were anxious for us to leave. Great experience over all and we will be returning.