“The Best Pho!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Nanaimo
“The Best Pho!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love Pho and try it wherever I travel and Nanaimo has the best Pho going at Pho Boi.
Hot and sour seafood is amazing, especially on a cold and wet day.
Find the rest of the menu a little boring, but if Pho is your thing, you will have a new favorite place.

• Visited October 2012

Trail, Canada
“Just what I was looking for”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

When I moved here I missed the great little Asain place we have in the big city. The first one I found was awful, the next was ok, but it took two years to find out that the pho dung downtown and this place were Nanaimo's best Pho places. I hope it gets busier, this town is full of little old ladies who only beef at pubs, so it is still a bit of secret. Prices are good and the food is authentic. Best value for money in town.

1 Thank Globehopperdude
Ladysmith
“Good noodles.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for a quick lunch before Costco.
Excellent service, food came quickly and was great and lots of it. It was nice to be greeted with a pot of tea. Good choice.

2 Thank Rieley
Vancouver Island, Canada
“A complete turnaround”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Pho Boi was always my choice for really good casual Vietnamese food in Nanaimo. Then in the second half of 2011 it started to go noticeably downhill. The quality of the food and the service were not the same any longer, by a long shot. I left a mildly negative review on Tripadvisor in January 2012, but was frankly being kind with my comments. I tried Pho Boi once more in February, but sadly there was no change. I then started avoiding the place altogether. Didn't go back for months. But last Saturday evening my wife suggested that we try it again to see if things had improved. Wow.. have they ever!

The food was greatly improved and so was the service. My B3 (grilled pork & fried roll) was excellent. My wife's C3 (grilled chicken fillet & fried roll) was also great as well. Service was very attentive and fast. After our meal, I asked our waiter if there had been recent personnel changes. He admitted that the entire kitchen staff had been replaced, and most waitstaff were new as well. Thank you Pho Boi owner for getting things back to what they once were. I am now a frequent customer again.

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank room_surveyor
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great soups”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Not much atmosphere, but food is good if you know what to order.

Visited July 2011