“Magnificent - really, really good”
Review of Rawmbas

Rawmbas
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Nanaimo
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place is awesome.

To make delicious food is difficult. To make delicious food that is also good for you is damn near impossible. Rawmbas does it.

I really enjoyed the food we had here (Sun or something burger and a falafel). Extremely filling, and makes you feel great after. Had a coffee as well and that was great too. We had a muffin and that was really, really good too.

I don't live in Nanaimo, but if I did, I would be here regularly. Wish them all the best.

I am not a militant pro-environmental type guy, but as a suggestion to the owners, I found with the prices being charged (which are significantly higher than a similar meal at a traditional deli-type place), it is incongruent to have plastic water bottles and plastic containers to keep desserts. It really does not jive with the rest of the restaurant. Just a suggestion.

NanNana_1, Owner at Rawmbas, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review of Rawmbas. We appreciate your feedback and I have some great news for you. The "plastic" you thought we were using to package your food was, infact, a GMO free biodegradable product we have been using since we opened. We intended to put the information about our packaging on our menu so people who are conscious about such issues would be assured. Now that you made your comment we see how important it is to let our customers know we are doing our very best to be environmentally responsible. Thank you again for writing. We hope you will come back next time you are in Nanaimo!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had a salad and it was good. Then I tried one of their cheese cake type deserts. While I was buying it, I thought it was probably going to be like a few healthy alternatives I've tried. It would look great but would not taste anywhere close to the real thing. I was wrong. It was amazing. The food seems expensive but it is reasonable. When you buy good ingredients they are very expensive. It would cost a lot to make these types of recipes at home too and there would be a lot of labour. Then there's the investment in a food processor and a dehydrator to consider.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have to say, I thought I was a die hard carnivore.....Rawbas has changed me.....The food is flavorful and doesn't bog you down.....I have had everything from the pizza and wraps to smoothie's, muffins & deserts....All Great! Not to mention Nanaimo family owned and operated. Great Job Rawmbas!!

2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Love the fafafil wrap-Excellent. Our son has become vegan and he came over form the mainland and went back twice on his visit because the food was awesome.

1  Thank weavingheather
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Rawmbas is amazing, this is the type of food that is in demand by so many people right now, delicious and amazingly healthy with so many options! I hope to see Rawmbas expand to Vancouver, I think Main Street is a perfect location for you over here! Can't wait!
Ian Redd Photography