“Fantastic Soups!”

Ranked #85 of 321 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Duncan, Canada
“Fantastic Soups!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great, fresh soups. It is nice to get to have a little taster of each soup before you decide. The salads are great as well. They are a bit expensive but large and very filling. The desserts are great as well.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank yumyum279

Parksville, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“my mouth was singing with flavour.”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I loved this place from the minute I stepped in the door. The vibrant walls, the great music, all that was left to do was try the food. I was immediately drawn to the shot glasses on the counter, I curiously approached the counter to find I was at a soup shooter bar, how cool is that. I was invited to sample some soups and a stew which I was told changes frequently.
I had the soup and sandwich combo. I chose the chicken sandwich and coconut curry soup and my partner had the stew, which he said was fantastic. All I can say is I ll be back.

• Visited March 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Hearty, Healthy, Delicious food in cozy surroundings”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This cozy daytime drop-in cafe in Nanaimo's Old City Quarter is well named. The food is real, substantial, and delicious. A row of shot glasses on the counter invites you to taste the day's selection of richly flavoured soups and stews. There are sandwiches, salads, desserts, and usually a meat or veggie torte and lasagne, You can also take home a frozen portion of soup or stew. Among my favourites are the chicken and the Mexican salsa stews, the pulled pork sandwich, and a tangy lemon-raspberry cake.

• Visited September 2011