“a great time and beautiful food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Nest Bistro

The Nest Bistro
Ranked #12 of 321 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant, lounge, bar, al fresco patio, scratch made food, locally sourced ingredients.
gabriola island
“a great time and beautiful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Even though the venue is small and intimate, they were able to accommodate our large Mother's Day group, including small children. The salmon I had was excellent and the veggies, done to perfection. The service is always friendly and efficient. Book ahead and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank solover

“A little disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Given all the wonderful reviews the Nest has received, I have attempted to go there several times. It has either been closed or fully booked. Yesterday a friend came to town and offered to take me to dinner. I immediately called and was thrilled to get a table. The service was excellent, with a great suggestion for a choice of wine. We ordered our meals, then decided to have an appie. It was no problem; the waitress let the kitchen know and, even though we were seated right next to the kitchen, I heard no complaints. We had the prawn appie which was excellent. My companion had the special; salmon ravioli and prawns in a cream sauce that he said was also excellent. I was a little disappointed in my meal, however. I had the braised duck breast. It did not have the rich flavour that I was expecting. It was served on diced veggies that were too small and deglazed broth again did not have the richness that it's colour would suggest. Although I was a little disappointed in my meal I most definitely will go back. There are several other dishes on the menu that look amazing!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Exceliz
Vancouver island
“Thanks Trip Advisor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I took my wife on a long overdue date night. I was looking for a new place to go so I went on Trip Advisor and read through all the great reviews of this little place. I was not disappointed. The food was excellent the service was great. We are now planing to go there with another couple in a few weeks. I made a reservation which is a must as this place is tiny but it was well worth it. If I had to pick one complaint it was the lack of a bar. They had a nice wine list but unfortunately my wife doesn't like wine and there was a very limited bar/liquor selection. So don't go there if you are hoping to have a cocktail of any kind.

• Visited January 2014
Nanaimo, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic little restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the best restaurant in Nanaimo. It is small and intimate, and the food is fantastic! It was a great find!

• Visited March 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“Good service great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Restaurant was very accommodating when we asked to increase our reso numbers at the last minute right before Christmas . They did their very best, accommodated us, and warned us it would be snug. We appreciated their efforts. Food and service were both excellent!

• Visited December 2013