“Food was great, small restaurant with friendly staff”
Review of The Nest Bistro

The Nest Bistro
Ranked #23 of 320 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: French, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, lounge, bar, al fresco patio, scratch made food, locally sourced ingredients.
Darwin, Australia
“Food was great, small restaurant with friendly staff”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Dropped in after reading reviews, wasn't disappointed with any factor of the night. Girlfriend had the duck and I had the chicken both were great. Food is in the standard of a much more expensive place. Would go back again if we're in town.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mitch H

Nanaimo
“WOW!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

EXCELLENT service, menu, food, atmosphere & cleanliness. Not one bad word to say - we loved it here and will need to go back because the menu was so good, it was hard to choose what to taste first.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank V-I-Explorer
Nanaimo, Canada
“Sadly, it missed the mark.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having inflated expectations is always a problem. Never more so than our first visit to this restaurant which had such high acclaims. Appies were delightful, but the entree included a long black hair ( every owner's nightmare, I'm sure!) and the risotto was virtually flavourless. Dessert was redeeming, but the mood had been lost.
The back area is rather basic and rustic and detracts from the ambience. It will take a lot to get me back there.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Melanie H
vancouver
“Divine duck and desserts”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Nanaimo has certainly undergone a transformation (infinitely for the better!) over recent years and The Nest Bistro is a perfect example of the changing face of this once depressed and depressing city. Despite its small size and unassuming exterior, this restaurant has earned its laurels just judging from the hive of activity we witnessed on our recent visit. Even though the menu was not huge, we still had difficulty choosing since so many of the dishes were very tempting. Oh well, it just means we'll have to make another pilgrimage. I had the daily special of duck breast which was delicious as was my husband's choice of flat iron steak. The slight disappointment experienced with the mushroom and brie tart appetizer (a bit bland) was banished once the entrees arrived and totally forgotten with the appearance of the divine desserts. Service was friendly and professional. Could anything be done to improve this impressive culinary temple? One thing : this level of food deserves white linen tablecloths and napkins not formica and paper.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank eminvancouver
Parksville, Canada
“Wow what an incredible meal”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family and I were treated to an incredible dining experience last night!! My wife and I were just in Rome in October and the Gnocchi with Chicken that I had last night was just as impressive!.My wife had the Chicken stuffed with mushrooms and Local Brie cheese and that was just as exquisite as my Gnocchi which transported me back to Italy, for a brief visit. My mother in-law had the Forest mushroom risotto and after having a small bite of that I realized that I could have ordered anything on that menu and been completely blown away with my choice. I can't wait till our next visit.I highly recommend making a reservation, the restaurant was full last night of people going to the local theatre!!!

• Visited February 2013