“The best food in Naniamo”
Review of 2 Chefs Affair

2 Chefs Affair
Ranked #17 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Went here twice with my family. We've come from Ireland and this is by far the best place we ate in Naniamo after a week of constant eating out. The French toast is to die for! Amazing! The lunch menu was great too such detail in the ingredients and presentation. Really made with love. Great staff too! Highly recommend this place for a tasty meal.
Caoimhe

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I've lived in Nanaimo for about a year and have tried many places, this place Blew Me Away!
It's a quaint, contemporary, gem with pizzaz and a homey feel. The kitchen area is out in the open (way cool to watch these guys work!) and was impeccably tidy. This line moved like a well oiled machine!
Both the breakfast and Lunch menus offered a variety of classic culinary delights, with a twist, very difficult to choose just one dish!
I tried the breakfast sandwich which was hands down, the best breakfast sandwich I've had, ever. It arrived quickly an was a treat for the eyes, first which is the way food should be! The flax bun was outstanding.
Everything in this place is homemade right down to the (rock your socks) ketchup.
Chef Daniel seems to take back-home favourites and elevate the flavours, presentation and mouth appeal to every dish I watched him and his sous turn out. Everything was prepared to perfection, the pride and passion of the Chefs definitely shows in the final product.
The only downside to my experience at this place was the front end server. Although she seemed to be an experienced waitress, her edgy, almost abrasive demeanour definitely took away from the ambience of the place. I found myself wondering how this weak link could be overlooked, as service is of the utmost importance and generally is the first and last impression for customers.
If the service could be honed to meet the upbeat, warm passion and skill of the culinary team this would be a 5 star establishment.

Hands down, this has been my favourite culinary experience in Nanaimo, I will definitely be returning and bringing with me my array of foodie friends.

DO NOT miss this place! You're taste buds will thank you.

1  Thank Northernsunkisses
Reviewed June 11, 2014

A small but charming café that produces breakfast and lunch but not dinners. The staff are most helpful and the breakfasts are second to none. During 3 days we enjoyed food that was perfectly cooked and presented.
You need to book at weekends as it is so popular.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Yes, outside appearances can be deceiving. It looks like a humble, run-of-the-mill cafe, but the food here is exquisite. Our group feasted on ""Fish done 3 Ways"" - this dish included the best crab cake I have ever eaten, garlic prawns, and candied salmon, all presented on top of a sparkling fresh mixed salad. A superb, well-crafted dish! The other diner in our group had smoked chicken, bacon and roast tomatoes on toasted foccaccio - and again it was done to perfection. We loved watching the chefs work right in front of us - great entertainment. To top it off, the prices are low.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Found this gem close to our hotel. I had Eggs Benedict and my wife ordered the french toast. The Benny came with hashbrowned potato that could pass as a coarse potato pancake and was very tasty. The eggs were done perfectly. The French toast was excellent with a nice coating of egg. It was served with maple syrup, cream cheese and a blueberry compote. Very nice indeed. The coffee was good and our cups were quickly refilled by the friendly staff. If lunch and dinner are as good as breakfast, they have a winner.