“Great BBQ!”

Smokin' George's BBQ
Ranked #11 of 320 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Every city worth its salt has a place that locals talk about… you know, that place that serves up the tastiest, smokiest, most delicious BBQ. In Nanaimo, that place is Smokin’ George’s BBQ! Every day, we’re chopping up seasoned hardwoods to smoke up the most incredible pulled pork, beef brisket, pork ribs, chicken, and sausage this city has ever seen. We bake our cornbread fresh every morning, hand cut buckets of fries and mix up our homemade bbq sauces and dressings, so every time you step in our door, you can smell those flavours in the air. We don’t screw around my friend. We take BBQ very seriously.
Calgary, Canada
“Great BBQ!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Our family of 4 dined here with friends while in Nanaimo. Our friends frequent George's fairly often and I had seen the restaurant featured on Food Network Canada's "You Gotta Eat Here."
Between the 4 of us we tried: the pulled pork sandwich, the smoked chicken sandwich, the beef brisket sandwich and the combo plate. For sides we had the beans, secret slaw, fries and cornbread. Everything was really, really tasty - some of the best pulled pork/brisket we've ever had! As far as the sides, the fries were fresh and nicely cooked; the slaw is a vinaigrette rather than mayo base, which we enjoyed; the beans were more like chili than baked beans, but tasty. The only odd thing was the cornbread... it was very dense and served cold. Okay, but I've had better - next time I'd pass on the cornbread and try something else. For dessert we shared a Nanaimo bar with bacon - so good! We will definitely head back to George's next time we're in Nanaimo!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank anjH

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best BBQ i have ever had”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

we went there for lunch it was my first time going i had never herd of the place but my cousin recommended it we have the pulled pork and crispy chicken tacos and fries they were the best tacos i have ever had and it was like the $20 for both of us

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank james b
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smokin”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

You sometimes think these food network shows might lie a little. How can all the restaurants be so good. Smokin George's was better than advertised. Staff was incredible and food awesome. Order the feast to try a bit of everything. Highly recommended.

Nanaimo, Canada
“My go-to place for lunch!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is my guilty pleasure during the week when I just don't feel like sticking with my clean eating plan. The pulled pork sandwich is the best and the fries with the paprika mayo for dipping is KILLER! Love, love, love.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mlfontaine
Nanoose Bay, Canada
“Mouth watering BBQ”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Love this place, food is delicious and staff are always friendly. Smoking George is just as entertaining in person as he was on tv in "You Gotta Eat Here" on the food network! My favourite sandwiches are the smoked chicken and beef brisket...yummy! The fried chicken is the best I have ever had! The fries are perfection, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside....mmmmm. I could go on and on!

1 Thank y0gapam